Author Topic: Help to post a picture  (Read 1919 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Help to post a picture
« on: October 07, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »
I'm trying to post a photobucket pic and can't seem to get it to work.  The pic is JPEG, I've copied the URL for forum posts as I did a year or two ago for this forum.  Then I place it between the marks for "insert image" and all I get is a copy of the link when I preview it.  Any help appreciated.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ricardo

• Sharpshooter
Re: Help to post a picture
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »
So, you're at PBucket, go to your library, hover your arrow on the pic you want to share, the top right of the pic has a gear or astereric, the drop down from that has share links and IMG codes, L click on IMG codes and that will copy it. When you go to your post, paste it and you are good to go. Hope this helps. R
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 07:56:19 PM »
Thanks, but it's not working...I've done it before but it's been over a year...the photobucket website has changed a bunch.  Still working on it.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 09:35:34 PM »
John:

Are you copying the second ("Direct") link in the list of URLs beneath the PB photo? 

If that doesn't work, send me the photo by email attachment and I'll post it from my PB account.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 11:17:56 PM »
I got it to work, but the picture could not be enlarged by clicking the cursor on it.  It's been a while since I used Photobucket and they changed the entire format with more adds and a much less friendly format.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis