Author Topic: !!!PROBLEM!!! Help  (Read 7938 times)

Offline oakmax1

!!!PROBLEM!!! Help
« on: March 22, 2010, 06:27:20 PM »
Hi guys, ???
I'm fairly new here, got a pup (R9s) a couple of months ago
got used to shootin it and have had great reliability with it and wwb and speer 124gr gold dots(difficult finding)
I recently ran into a snag.
The WIFE wants to carry IT instead of her sw snubby!!!!
What gives???
I love the pistol tossed some glock rubber tape on the front and back strap shoots great,lessrecoil than the snubby.

SO i need another r9 ???and a couple holsters
CW

ccoorreeyy

Re: !!!PROBLEM!!! Help
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »
So what's the problem?

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 08:04:12 PM »
   OM1, call  or pm Tom Watson (The Irish Guard) for the R9 and Robert Locke at Meco holsters for what I think are the best pocket holsters made. Problem solved       Gene
birdman

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:07:53 PM »
   OM1, Welcome to the forum. Forgot that part   Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 08:30:54 PM »
oak.  Take the advice offered and you no longer have a problem.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:41:24 PM »
oakmax,
     Welcome to the group, and as stated check with Tom.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 08:44:48 PM »

Be very kind to your wife who packs heat.

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 11:20:49 PM »
Oakmax,
+1 on that welcome to the forum.

It looks like you are in a win-win situation.  Give the little woman your current R9, obtain a second R9, maybe a Stealth or a Robar-treated one now that you know you like the basic design.
Then take the wife to the range and have her shoot the old R9.  She may find the recoil too snappy to handle, and / or she lacks the hand strength to rack the slide.  (Be sure you have installed a brand-new recoil spring before the slide-racking exercise... 8))

At that point, you may have both R9s in your hands, and your wife goes back to the S&W....

Seriously, I let my wife try my R9.  She didn't have the hand strength to rack the slide with a new recoil spring in place.  Didn't like the sharp recoil impulse either.  I remember Eric Rohrbaugh saying the R9 is not a gun for a greenhorn.  

Steve

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 11:43:22 AM »

You might also suggest that she disassemble, reassemble, and change mag springs to make certain she really loves it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »
That should do it!   ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 01:18:26 PM »
Make sure she gets one of those $45 acrylic fingernail jobs first.
Maybe not.....you'll have to pay for two nail jobs!!  That represents a couple of boxes of premium ammo.    :P

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 03:12:23 PM »
Oakmax1:

Welcome to the Forum!

Get in touch with Tom Watson ("theirishguard"), as has been suggested, for that second R9 you are needing.

As for losing a pistol to your wife, I feel your pain. Mine rummaged through my gun safe and found a Seecamp with old ivory grips which she promptly appropriated as her carry piece. Now I get to handle it only before and after range sessions when I'm expected to install the original grips before we leave the house, reload her magazines while at the range to prevent damage to her manicure, and afterwards to give the piece a proper clean/lube and reinstall the ivories.    ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 03:52:54 PM »
Welcome Oakmax1.  Call Tom, go for it.  

Richard I remember seeing that nice little Seecamp of yours or should I say of your wifes.  Is it time you sold it to me along with that nice hand made box you have for it?

Your wife really does deserve a R9, maybe you and Oakmax1 could get a package deal from Tom?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 07:17:39 PM »
Richard I remember seeing that nice little Seecamp of yours or should I say of your wifes.  Is it time you sold it to me along with that nice hand made box you have for it?

Dino:

I think, my friend, that I may let you present that suggestion to Her Honor rather than do it myself. She's grown unusually fond of that Seecamp she appropriated as well as of the walnut presentation case I gave her and in which she keeps the pistol at night. Although she's absolutely beautiful and can be as charming as she wants to be, I've seen her reduce hard-core felons and blustering lawyers to trembling wimps pining for their mothers.  ;)

[size=10]Edit: Typo.[/size]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:36:04 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 10:03:50 AM »
Ahhh...maybe I don't really need THAT Seecamp.  I'll call Tom and see if he can get me a good deal on a trade in.

Thanks anyway Richard.

P.s. No need to mention this to Her Honor :-X
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:06:08 AM by Dino »