Author Topic: Another R9s Robar for sale on GunBroker  (Read 15045 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: Another R9s Robar for sale on GunBroker
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2009, 09:47:49 PM »
tracker,

uhh.."two or three days"? More likely two or three years for something to happen as did to Ron. Or, maybe never!
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2009, 09:58:02 PM »
We can always hope!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2009, 10:13:41 PM »
That was two or three days at a time; you are correct.

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2009, 05:14:45 PM »
John,

I don't mean to offend anyone who may be a part of this forum but what is missing to justify the high price...

I bought a new motorcycle back in 2001 - a Ducati, for full MSRP.  Only two months later I discovered other dealers (in other cities) routinely discounted that model 7% or more.  And that same year I found out my model was out of production forever, replaced by a new model with more features and benefits.  Many dealers with one on the floor were selling my exact model for as much as 15% off MSRP.  

8 1/2 years later and I still LOVE the bike!  Best motorcycle I've ever owned.  It's brought me countless memories which have resulted in so many ear-to-ear grins.   I am really glad I bought this Ducati.  I dunno, sometimes it's OK to pay more than you probably could have or should have if it turns out to be a good product and it brings you happiness.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:19:11 PM by DaninVA »
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »
Dan

You the man! It is easy to lose sight of the pleasure our toys bring us when we compare someone else's good fortune. You are right to keep score with your Ducati, in the manner you describe, and I am grateful for the lesson.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2009, 05:42:09 PM »
Great expericnce, Dan.  I'm usually the one who pays too much.  I wait too long, or don't know about the item until years later as with the Rohrbaugh, then want one of the first ones they made.  

You did good.  That 8 1/2 years you've got to enjoy the Ducati.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2009, 11:02:10 PM »
 I guess three times is not a charm for this Robar R9, this is the forth time they have run it.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2009, 07:23:25 AM »
I may be paraphrasing but I once read something like "the surest definition of insanity is the repetition of the same bad behavior with the expectation of a positive outcome".

The guy who is trying (yet again) to sell this custom R9 is not paying attention to what the market is telling him. Actually it is shouting: Price is too high!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »
I think this is Hyatt Gun Shop in Charlotte, NC, one of the largest gun shops in NC, who is trying to sell the Robar.  They can afford to keep listing it; not that it matters if they are large, but they do alot of business.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2009, 11:31:43 AM »
That makes sense to me if Hyatt is big enough to do what they are doing. However, four (4) times?

I regret that I don't have many gun dealers where I live and I would love to have a big gun dealer in my state.

With the one tone frame/slide, I would have given it some thought if the grips were CF instead of G10. In fairness to the Hogue grips, they are pretty nice, in so far as one may say anything positive about G10.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »
one day a new fool will come along and buy it, that's what the shop is waiting for. Keep throwing out the line and hook. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2009, 12:42:04 PM »
Exactly right.  That person will come.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2009, 08:44:32 AM »
Anyone notice that this gun finally sold? Fourth time was a charm. I can't help but wonder whether the sale was valid or fed by a shadow bid.

Once again, beautiful gun, premium one tone finish, but no CF grips.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2009, 09:08:38 AM »
Hyatt Gun Shop!  They do sell guns.  Amazing.