Author Topic: Is the R9 RR worth it  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Is the R9 RR worth it
« on: September 16, 2009, 04:07:09 PM »
I currently oun a R9S Stealth. I am looking to add another gun to my collection. I called Rohrbaugh and the offer a R9 RR featuring the NP3 finish.Is the NP3 finish worth the extra price tag?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Is the R9 RR worth it
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 04:28:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum, wolverine_450.  It's really what you want and what you're willing to pay for.  The following link may help you decide.

http://www.robarguns.com/np3.htm
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 04:30:34 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:39:18 PM »
I do not hav a problem spending the extra. I am trying to see if anyone has any experience with the RR and do they think the price is justifiable for what they received.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »
Wolverine,

I purchased the Robar model recently and it is my favorite R9 of the six I have owned. The Robar coating is such that it always recovers nicely from any inadvertant smudge or fingerprint.

Apart from my preference for the one tone gun, my Robar R9s also has factory carbon fiber grips. I never leave home without it.

The point made above is true as to what you are willing to pay and the utility/pleasure you derive from your decision is subjective. However, you asked for a response from an RR owner and here I am.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »
Wolverine:

If you decide to proceed with the RR model you should give Tom Watson, The Irish Guard, a call. Tom is a senior member of this forum and enjoys a close relationship with the factory.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 05:49:41 PM »
Thank You. Everyone seems to be very healpful. Have a great day.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 07:46:26 PM »
Wolverine, I purchased a stsndard R9s and sent it to Robar and had the entire gun and internals done with the NP3 finish, and sight dots added.
 I am very pleased with the look and function of the coating.
Here is a link to the pics of the work.
http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1249795527
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »
 Do you remember what Robar charged to do the pup? Did they coat all intenal and external parts?
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »
Wolverine:

First of all, welcome to the Forum!

As I have noted on previous threads, it is extraordinarily easy to advise another man how he should spend his money. With that having been said -- my advice is . . . go for it.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 06:56:09 PM »
Wolverine,

I have always considered Richard's words as sage advice.