Author Topic: New From Ga.  (Read 6238 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: New From Ga.
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »

That is exactly what I did in the Navy while in port at Malta. I have never seen single malt scotch as cheap as it was there. That cruise box was handled very gently coming off the ship.

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
 8)....so you know the ropes! Now we need to just enlist some active duty guys to this forum! ;D
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 06:46:23 PM »
The last time I checked, that Johnnie Walker Blue Label was bringing about $175.00 a 750 ML bottle around here in East Tennessee -- and worth every bit of it. Reminds me, though, of a time back in the '70s while working in a certain "dry" country not here to be named when I had to lay out about that much for a meager little pint of RED Label.  ::)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
And worth every penny of it; I would have given that much in Saudi Arabia when I was there for six months. The only people who had a steady supply were people who had their own lab equipment, the Australian Embassy, and the FAA representative.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »
Conosurs of the fine stuff.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 01:41:58 PM »
Welcome from a fellow Georgian.   ;D
NRA Life Member - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Member: ARFCOM Platinum - JPFO - GOA - CCRKBA - USCCA - GeorgiaCarry.org
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 02:04:05 PM »
slashsplat.  I'm a part-time resident of Ga.  34 miles south of Atlanta.  Here now.  Have to go to Bass Pro Shops to look for 10mm ammo.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 02:35:29 PM »
40 miles south of Atlanta for me.  It's snowing hard right now.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »
Corey.  Ground is covered here.  Still snowing hard.  Stay safe.