Author Topic: R9 Name change  (Read 2197 times)

Offline aircop_m

R9 Name change
« on: October 18, 2005, 07:51:26 AM »
I'm going to request to Rohrbaugh that they officially change the name of their R9, to the energizer bunny!!!! 8)

Just an update on my R9,
I've been carrying my R9 as a backup LEO weapon for almost a year now. I've fired hundreds of rounds through it, and the damned thing will just not quit. I have noticed though, that the trigger is getting slower to return to reset itself after firing. Anyone have this condition? Have any other LEO's started carrying this gun? I've been carrying it almost constantly 24/7 since I have bought it. Without a doubt, this is the finest pistol I've had for many years. I'm now hoping that Rohrbough comes out with a .45 acp, or possible a .45 GAP.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
Re: R9 Name change
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 08:06:51 AM »
Well that is a good field test on longevity.Glad to hear you are happy with thie R9, and trust your life on it.

Not for nothing, have you tried keeping the trigger pivot points lubed?
I know you have had this gun for a year, and no doubt know how to care for it, but these little guns tend to be neglected simply by carrying them daily.
It may also be possible that the trigger always reset slow, yet you are just now noticing it.That could be from shooting it with more confidence now, the newness worn off, and paying more attention to the function rather than how exciting it is to shoot.

If not, I'd say what everyone else is thinking, and replace the springs.

Offline aircop_m

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 08:28:03 AM »
 Hi chameleon,
Thanks for your reply!
Yep, I will change the springs, just as a preventative measure. I did specifically notice the trigger reset starting to slow, after about 500 rounds. I like to replace my recoil springs after that many rounds anyway. I'm probably over-cautious when it comes to maintance of my duty weapons. ;)

I do keep this gun oiled up pretty good, since even in the factory manual amendment I received, it says that, failing to keep it lubricated as described, will void the warrenty. I don't think I've ever seen that on a factory made gun before, but it's a good idea anyway.

As far as the novelty wearing off, yes, maybe a little bit, but I still trust it, and won't leave home without it. I guess since it has not had any issues, I'm just picking on the small stuff. ::)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 01:46:25 PM »
Just in case you got yours after they changed the rec, Rohrbaugh now calls for spring replacement after every 250
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 05:01:43 PM »
While I don't suggest major strip downs for most folks - just field strip.  In your case tho Aircop might be time to carefully remove right grip panel (using quality genuine 1/16" hex wrench) and clean and inspect trigger linkage.

I doubt the trigger return spring should have weakened badly but could be a new one might help - not sure if Eric has ever replaced the one in his original which had over 5,000 rounds thru it.

No harm in keeping the lil' fella up to max performance.:)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.