Miscellaneous > Other Guns

Holster Art for a SIG P226

(1/3) > >>

K-Man:
As some of you may know, I make holsters for more than 60 different guns (and growing).  Here's a couple of pics of a recent holster for a SIG P226:

I also have the ability now to laser engrave designs/logos onto the holsters.  The eagle in this instance was handtooled.  I apologize that it's a little hard to see - being black on black.

GeorgeH:
Explain for me the difference of a laser engraved holster and a handtooled one--please?

R9SCarry:
Wonder why this looks - kinda familiar :) - more comment to come later!  Sweet!

K-Man:
GeorgeH:

The basic difference between hand tooled and laser engraved is how the art/design is applied on the leather.  Hand tooled is achieved using a variety of "tools/stamps" to give the appearance you want.  Laser engraved is done with the use of a laser in the application of the design.  Here's a sample of both on the same item:

You can achieve much greater detail with the laser, especially on a smaller scale, than you can with hand tooling.  I've taken business cards and applied that same style/size onto leather, while maintaining the clarity.  

The laser can engrave onto a variety of materials - leather, wood, some metals, glass, and a host of others.

BillinPittsburgh:
That is the most beautiful holster I have ever seen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version