Author Topic: Jacket shard from silvertip  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Jacket shard from silvertip
« on: October 08, 2005, 11:41:33 PM »
I shot a clip of 115 silvertips the other day -- the recoil is pretty easy to handle relative to the 147 gr. hydrshocks I usually carry -- when I cleaned it, I notice a "shaving" of jacket material in the gun.  It still operates properly -- no idea how it grouped, since I was just plinking at a chunk of firewood -- or at least, the remains of one after I got done plinking at it w. my 45-70
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Jacket shard from silvertip
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 04:21:43 PM »
Brad - what did its shape suggest?  

Was it a shave off side of bullet jacket - which seems most likely - or something different.  What approx size too?

45-70 is always a good way to total a log ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Re: Jacket shard from silvertip
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 04:50:40 PM »
It looked like a little sliver of the base of the bullet -- going by length and size -- it was circular as well -- not that really means much, since a little sliver of metal can curl on it's own.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.