Author Topic: slide bite  (Read 8414 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: slide bite
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 12:06:20 PM »
Well I would say by the overwhelming response of NO slide bite
this concern has been laid to rest. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 08055

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 10:27:57 PM »
Many thanks to all of you forum members for your replies and expert opinions.   This is indeed a great forum.  I will definitely acquire the pocket pistol,  which according to Jim Cirillo,  is the greatest backup gun in the world.     :)

Offline 08055

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »
Today,  I placed my order for the R9S Standard.  I was told that it will take 8 weeks of waiting time.   I will look forward to have the pistol in my pocket in October. :)  

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 01:22:28 PM »
Congratulations, hopefully your pup will arrive sooner than expected.

Now your biten. :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:23:20 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 01:58:50 PM »
0855.  Way to go on ordering the R9.  As Reinz says, maybe the little wonder will arrive much sooner.  I know you're going to be a happy owner, for sure!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »

Belated welcome to the forum and I concur with all the others who have claimed there is no slide bite with the Rohrbaugh.

One of my favorite guns is a vintage Walther PPK, mint condition, glorious royal blue finish, perfect grips, all German, 1966, pre 1968 gun ban, pre Interarms. Now, that bites!

Every once in a while I carry the PPK but the R9 (ultimately) wins out because of the absence of slide bite and superior cartridge to the .380.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dberg

• NRA Patron  Life Member
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 10:27:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I have shot over 400 rds through my Pup and never got bit
Semper Fi

Offline 08055

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »
I have been carrying  guns  for the past 3 years  WITH A ROUND LOADED IN THE CHAMBER.  Carrying without a round in the chamber is very similar  to carrying a useless gun.

Why does the Rohrbaugh manual warns   " Do not carry this firearm with a round loaded in the chamber" ???

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 12:58:36 PM »
Just for legal protection for the company, I have heard.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
The loaded chamber debate has been taken up elsewhere, in this forum, with the overwhelming majority voting for it.

"Condition 3", as I understand it, is carrying a pistol with a full magazine but empty chamber. Factory's incentive is liability reduction.

We have morphed from a country of self reliant individuals to way, way too many lawyers unconcerned with justice and more concerned with "who has money"?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 04:43:58 PM »
ACP:

As a lawyer (one of the "good ones" who believe in, support, and defend the Second Amendment as that which stands as a defense of all other Amendments in the Bill of Rights), I approve your message.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »
     People rant and rave about lawyers without differentiating between the bad ones and the good ones (like Richard) who are on our side. If it weren't for the the good ones, then the bad ones would have won long ago. I think we need to give credit to the ones on our side.    Gene
birdman

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 08:49:47 PM »
Concur. I know, from his postings, that Richard is an attorney and at no time have I ever considered him an unfriendly. He is rightfully respected as a leader in this forum and I cannot imagine that his character, though unknown to me personally, does not follow.

I do, however, stand by the point I made about lawyers. All of them? No. But try to watch more than 15 minutes of commercial television without being solicited as a victim by an attorney.

Our culture is greatly informed by the drama of the courtroom, whether it is fictitious, (Law & Order), or real; gov blago. What we need, in my view, is tort reform in which the party which brings suit pays costs if it loses a case.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 02:14:14 AM »

Why does the Rohrbaugh manual warns   " Do not carry this firearm with a round loaded in the chamber" ???

As KJ said, to protect the Co.   Think about it,  " you have a gun with no safety----- how can you reccomend carrying a round in the chamber?"  says the prosecutor.

Even though the safety is between our ears.

Such clauses you (08055) just brought up are referred to as  "Risk Management"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:18:11 AM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 10:01:15 AM »
* * * But try to watch more than 15 minutes of commercial television without being solicited as a victim by an attorney.

Our culture is greatly informed by the drama of the courtroom, whether it is fictitious, (Law & Order), or real; gov blago. What we need, in my view, is tort reform in which the party which brings suit pays costs if it loses a case.

Again, I concur with the remarks of the gentleman from Vermont.

When I took the Bar examination, it was considered unseemly (if not a violation of the Rules of Professional Responsibility) for an attorney to advertise other than placing a discreet entry in the telephone directory or list credentials and specialties in a publication such as Martindale-Hubble®. And such tort reform as the gentleman mentions is long overdue.

Further, this member sayeth not and, with the final assertion that the R9 has no "slide bite," yields the floor.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"