Author Topic: Question about the DeSantis Superfly  (Read 2898 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Question about the DeSantis Superfly
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:20:12 PM »
I bought one of these for my Seecamp and it is perfect for pocket carry...light, sticky, has the ambidextrous velcro pad to obscure the outline (works well in front pocket too).  I had to modify it slightly by tacking it down as it was a tad too large for the LSW .32.  I would like one for the R9, which would have fit the first one I bought perfectly...
QUESTION:  DeSantis doesn't advertise a Superfly for the R9 (nor anything else) but does anyone know if the Seecamp advertised version will still fit the R9?  I've got fancier front pocket holsters, but have come to love the Superfly for its lightweight and versatility.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: Question about the DeSantis Superfly
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:35:07 PM »
I have one for my PUP. When I purchased it, I think it was advertised for a LCP.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:39:07 PM by Z »

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:38:24 PM »

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 07:15:42 AM »
I use the Superfly that I purchased for my Kahr P380 for the Rohrbaugh.

I agree with you John, I use a Superfly for every pocket gun I own. Easy to draw and it never comes out with the gun.  Not very classy, but they work.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:24:30 AM »
Thanks folks, that's what I needed.  MRC, for CONCEALED carry, a gold trimmed ostrich and myna bird holster trimmed with Mongolian eel skin and costing $350 is not on my list of needs.  The fewer people who ever see my holsters, the better, although I must admit in a fit of weakness I bought a Del Fatti for the R9 that I've worn perhaps twice and which is now used for barbeques and open carry on the range.
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
* * * [A] gold trimmed ostrich and myna bird holster trimmed with Mongolian eel skin and costing $350 is not on my list of needs.  * * * John

;D

John:

And here I paid $400 for mine -- but that did include monogramming.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 08:46:02 AM »
Showoff!    ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis