Author Topic: Tuckable IWB Holester. Need One!  (Read 6119 times)

Offline choppers

Tuckable IWB Holester. Need One!
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »
OK I know I have seen somewhere on here a tuckable IWB holster but can't find it now. Can anyone help. I know I will probably have to wait a while to get one so I'm checking now. I'm looking for the best avaliable. I just don't want one with the clip to high that burys the grip under my pants. If anyone has one and can put a picture on here that would really be great. Or if you can stear me to a web page that has some picks that's good to. I love this sight...you guy know everything! Thanks, Choppers
Never be so open minded your brains fall out!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Tuckable IWB Holester. Need One!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:34:53 PM »
Have you tried Robert Meco or Hidden Holsters?  Either one can make you what you want and can put the clip where you want it.  Here is Robert's link for a IWB holster.

http://mecopocketholsters.com/iwb.htm

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:35:41 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 08:23:23 AM »
I have a Meco pocket and IWB, love both and they look great in brown.  However my wife is getting ready to throw the IWB away.  It keeps eating holes in my sweaters, shirts or what ever is over it.  

The bend in the clip sticks out and cuts through clothing when it rubs against car seats or chairs.  

I tried to tell my wife it was moths and that work for a while but now she caught on and gives me the big eys when I reach for the IWB.  

It is spring steel so it will not bend, any advice?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:25:11 AM by Dino »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 02:41:59 PM »
My cell phone holster has the clip covered in leather.  I do wonder if Robert has such a thing or could get it?
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »
Just got off the phone with Robert, always a pleasure talking to him.  He did not think covering it with leather would work as it would make the clip thicker and stick out even more.  He does have  a new type clip on his holsters now but it would be to difficult to retrofit.

I have a back up plan unless anyone has a better idea, I think I am going to buy some of the liquid that you stick tool handles in and it coats the tool and then hardens.  I think  a few coats on the lower part of the clip might protect my delicate, wife bought cashmere over garments.  :-/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:49:22 PM by Dino »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 04:51:48 PM »
Tool dip.  Sounds like it may work!  Excellent idea.

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 08:11:10 PM »
I have a Meco pocket and IWB, love both and they look great in brown.  However my wife is getting ready to throw the IWB away.  It keeps eating holes in my sweaters, shirts or what ever is over it.  

The bend in the clip sticks out and cuts through clothing when it rubs against car seats or chairs.  

I tried to tell my wife it was moths and that work for a while but now she caught on and gives me the big eys when I reach for the IWB.  

It is spring steel so it will not bend, any advice?
I have one of Robert's IWB. The clip is sturdy enough, that I don't put it on my belt, but instead directly on the waistband of the pants, so then - the clip is hidden UNDER the belt. Would something like that work for you?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:11:55 PM by MrsFosforos »

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 08:47:32 AM »
Thank you, I did try this a number of times and I just don't like the unsureness of the way the gun hangs, wiggles.

You may have the new clip that Robert is putting on now, it is wider, he told me it worked better on "just the pants" than the thinner one I have on my holster.

May just go to a belt loop holster.  

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »
Can the edges be filed down where they would not cut up your shirts.  I have not noticed any problem with mine, maybe I have the newer clip style.

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 10:14:07 PM »

Mine was made with one of the original belt clips. Later, when he mentioned changing to a different one -- I remember thinking that I'd never had any problem with mine.

Maybe it is because I'm pudgy enough that there isn't enough play around my waistband for it to wiggle around.

Because of the way it's snagging on your clothing, it sounds like  it would work better it it had a leather channel on the back to run your belt through instead of using a clip.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:15:46 PM by MrsFosforos »

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 08:38:34 AM »
Yes that is part of the problem MrsFosforos, my wife says I have not butt!

We do have the same style clip and yes ccoorreeyy I tried to file and hammer the edge and it did help.  My holster sits more to the right rear of my side and hard back benches and chairs are the problem.  

Belt slot holster here I come.  But I am going to try that tool covering gel on this one.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:47:19 AM by Dino »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 09:58:15 PM »
Dino.  John gave a link in the classifieds that had this holster.  This is John's post and thought I would post it here for you to see, in case you're interested.

http://estore.websitepros.com/1565531/Categories.bok?category=IWB++w%2FBelt+Loop+For+Guns+A-R

Offline RemoraHolsters

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 02:46:22 PM »
We make 5 models that will work with the Rohrbaugh:

1XSMA2 - Hold just the gun in the holster.
1XSMA3 - Holds a gun with added accessories or for those that like a looser fit.
1XSMALP - The gun sits lower in the holster and exposes more of the grip (new product - not in the online store yet, will have to fill out the contact form on the website)
1XSMAWM - Holds the same guns as the 1XSMA3, but with an extra mag pocket.
1XSMAAH - Holds the same guns as the 1ZSMA2, but has velcro attached to use with the velcro leg strappings. Can be used as a pocket holster also.

Check it out and buy at at http://www.remoraholsters.com

I hope this helps.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »
Remora.  Welcome to the Forum.  Thanks for the information.  Again welcome.

Offline RemoraHolsters

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 04:52:55 PM »
No problem.

Thanks for the welcome.  ;D