Author Topic: Tuckable IWB holster wanted!  (Read 4564 times)

Offline choppers

Tuckable IWB holster wanted!
« on: March 02, 2011, 10:31:14 AM »
Does anyone hava a Tuckable IWB holster? Looking for advice on where to go and if anyone has a pic, posting it would make me very happy.  :)

Thanks, Bob
Never be so open minded your brains fall out!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Tuckable IWB holster wanted!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:47:13 AM »
You probably know about Meco Holsters, but in case you don't here's his link.

http://mecopocketholsters.com/iwb.htm

And Hidden Holsters.

http://www.hiddenholsters.net/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:50:27 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline pelahale

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »
I just ordered an IWB sweat-guard 15degree canted Right-side tuckable holster from bearcreekholsters.com in Texas. I spoke w/Doug the craftsman/owner & he seemed incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, and flexible.  His current estimated turnaround time is about 1 week as long as he isn't flooded with new business.  Check out the website and see if any of his models fits.  For the IWB type, he says it would look like the last two photos for the Ruger LC9 on his "photo gallery" page.  I'll report back when I get my holster (hopefully by end of next week).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:29:17 PM by pelahale »

Offline choppers

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Thank You both! Just placed an order with Bear Creek. One week turn around. You just can't beat that.
Never be so open minded your brains fall out!

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 06:25:19 PM »
You will be happy with Doug's work. He makes good holsters for a moderate price. I have one of his pocket holsters and like it very much. His prices actually went down, when he bought his new sewing machine. Basically, it save him time and you money.  :)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 06:42:47 PM »
Just looked at the Bear Creek Holsters.  They do look good.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 07:35:23 PM »
You can teach an old dog new tricks, can't ya Ken.  ;D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 07:47:30 PM »
I'll say!    ;D

Offline pelahale

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 03:46:35 PM »
I received my IWB tuckable holster from Doug of BearCreek - he stayed in communication with me throughout and I am very very pleased.  The retention on it is perfect - gun doesn't fall out if I hold it and shake it upside down, yet I can pop the gun out one-handed from my waist using my right hand.  It's hand-crafted with lots of love and the stitching on it looks like it'll last forever.  The flappy tuckable clip extension looked concerning initially, but I think the leather will give away before the stitch does - the leather everywhere is of a good 2.5mm thick and treated/hardened high-quality grain - still new.  

The piece conceals extremely well without the magazine extension (yankee2500's), but with the extension, you can see a point projecting backwards if I carry it slightly behind.  If I carry it in the appendix position, it conceals very well, is very comfortable, and I can get to it easily.  Only concern is that I have a loaded gun aiming directly at my nuts when I'm sitting.  

Here are some grainy webcam photos I just took...

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »
Nice looking holster.

Let us know how it works out for you. :D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 05:58:58 PM »
Really nice work.  I like it!    :)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »

The work of an artisan: beautiful craftsmanship and built like a tank.