Author Topic: First Post, New R9s Stealth  (Read 1871 times)

Offline captaincrm

First Post, New R9s Stealth
« on: August 26, 2007, 04:43:27 AM »
Hey Guys,
Been lurking around here for the last week or so while I was trying to talk myself out of spending $1100 on a R9.
Finally made the trip to Central Florida yesterday to look at a Stealth R9s. Well, of course I bought it. Just a beautiful pistol.
I'll take it to the range Monday and shoot 20-50 rds. through it.
The R9s will replace my P3AT as my CCW. Just got all the kinks worked out of the P3AT too. What a shame!

Couple questions I can't seem to find the answers to:
Anyone know what the G10 grips are made of?
Anything I should be aware of or pay close attention to with maintaining my R9s?

Thanks.
Charlie

Offline captaincrm

Re: First Post, New R9s Stealth
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 12:05:31 PM »
Thanks. I'll shoot a few mags. and let it cool down. Probably will take awhile for 100 rds., just want to make sure all works O.K. and it goes in my pocket.
It was manufactured 08/02/2007, I'm hoping all spring mods. etc. I've read about are straitened out!
Charlie

Offline captaincrm

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:22:07 PM »
Great! Thanks again.
Charlie

Offline captaincrm

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:47:44 AM »
I'll do the best I can. I'm going to the range this morning.
I really don't plan on putting more than 40 rds. through it, It's really not a range pistol, but I have to admit I'm anxious to shoot it. I'll probably shoot 4 mags. of target ammo and 2 mags. of PD ammo.
Charlie

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 11:37:02 AM »
Captain:

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you are as satisfied with your new R9 as I have been with mine for the past 3+ years. Please post a range report.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline captaincrm

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 01:54:13 PM »
Well, I can sum it all up with one word, flawless! Not even a loose screw! I shot 24 rds. from as you guys call them "white box" walmart ammo and 13 rds. Federal Premium Hydra-shok 124g. jhp without any problem. Would have liked to run 2 mags. of Gold Dots through but I'm out of them in 9mm. One thing I will add is I can't get over how comfortable the R9 is to shoot. After using a Keltec P3at as a CCW I'm happy to say that the skin between my thumb and index finger isn't sore. You guys that have shot a P3at know what I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping the P3at and am quite fond of it,but it will be put in the golve box and I'll carry the R9. ;D
Charlie

Offline captaincrm

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 02:03:10 PM »
Charlie

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 02:06:11 PM »
Well, I can sum it all up with one word, flawless! Not even a loose screw! I shot 24 rds. from as you guys call them "white box" walmart ammo and 13 rds. Federal Premium Hydra-shok 124g. jhp without any problem. Would have liked to run 2 mags. of Gold Dots through but I'm out of them in 9mm. One thing I will add is I can't get over how comfortable the R9 is to shoot. After using a Keltec P3at as a CCW I'm happy to say that the skin between my thumb and index finger isn't sore. You guys that have shot a P3at know what I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping the P3at and am quite fond of it,but it will be put in the golve box and I'll carry the R9. ;D

"I love it when a plan comes together!"   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 11:55:49 AM »
Charlie, Sounds like a keeper. Good Luck with your new R-9. Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER