Author Topic: Virgin shoot!  (Read 15382 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Virgin shoot!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 02:05:00 AM »
Gotta love that thread drift. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »
Years ago in more challenging times I did my best to thin out the herd.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:53:47 PM by tracker »

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 12:10:52 AM »
I'm really sorry I sorta started this thread deflection, but it was such a softball, it was irresistable. My apologies to all if any offense was taken, but it appears that some humor was shared. :)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 12:20:42 PM »

This was a venial thread drift that was quite humorous and I don't think anyone has taken offense to it. The initial post was by a new member who was giving us a report on his first outing and appeared to be just letting us share in his pride.

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 04:25:33 PM »
Short anecdote to share, about 'pride' (it's fun): a few weeks ago at my usual indoor range, I was asked by one of the staff there if they could check out the pistol (the Cogan-plated and ported Rohrbaugh R9s) I was shooting. So, gladly I handed it over for admiration...
Another of the staff members came over ( he's a Glock and 1911 guy) and asked, 'what's that pistol?'
The answer from the first: "A Rohrbaugh. The best-built pistol in the world."
Nothing else need be said. :)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »
Heres one in the other direction.  I called a so called gun plating and custom shop here in NC, I was inquiring about porting and as expected the guy on the other end ask what make is the gun, I responded a Rohrbaugh, he said a what, I replied again a Rohrbaugh, and spelled it out. He then replied OH one of those German made guns, I had no more questions for him after that. :o

I guess he was partially right, they are German. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 08:53:14 PM »
Hah! Very good. Except, why would anyone call anyone other than Bob Cogan?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 08:58:18 PM »
Well, one reason I have is that Robar coats the insides.  I really wish that Cogan did that, but called and he said they were not equipped to handle the internals.  I'm leaning toward Robar for that reason.    
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 10:19:13 PM »
Short anecdote to share, about 'pride' (it's fun): a few weeks ago at my usual indoor range, I was asked by one of the staff there if they could check out the pistol (the Cogan-plated and ported Rohrbaugh R9s) I was shooting. So, gladly I handed it over for admiration...
Another of the staff members came over ( he's a Glock and 1911 guy) and asked, 'what's that pistol?'
The answer from the first: "A Rohrbaugh. The best-built pistol in the world."
Nothing else need be said. :)

Great story, Bill.

I've developed what I call my "Rohrbaugh Response."

Whenever I'm asked, "What pistol is that?," or some such question from one of the few people who ever get to see my R9, I just say, "It's a Rohrbaugh R9." Almost inevitably, the person then asks, "What?" To which I reply, "Surely you've heard about the smallest and lightest pistol ever made for the 9mm Parabellum."  

Then, depending on their attitude and whether I deem them to be worthy, I may or may not take the trouble to enlighten them.   8)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:20:05 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 10:31:33 PM »
Hah! Very good. Except, why would anyone call anyone other than Bob Cogan?

Well one reason is it was before I had heard of Bob Cogan or seen any of there work, and the other was because it was within driving distance, which would be a big plus to me. I could see the shop, meet the people dong the work, not have to ship my pup. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 10:45:17 PM »
John.  Would Robar doing the internals have anything to do with your decision now?  I'm still trying to decide.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 12:20:57 AM »
   I like the fact that every part than can be coated is coated, and NP3 has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient, reducing wear on all the parts. Also there coating is uniform and only two ten thousandths of one inch thick. I am very pleased with the NP3s performance so far.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 06:19:45 AM »
Now that's why I'm leaning toward Robar.  I like those thoughts of everything coated.  Thanks.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »
I have two carry guns NP3'd and highly reccomend it.

Could not be more pleased.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 04:20:28 PM »

I've developed what I call my "Rohrbaugh Response."

Whenever I'm asked, "What pistol is that?," or some such question from one of the few people who ever get to see my R9, I just say, "It's a Rohrbaugh R9." Almost inevitably, the person then asks, "What?" To which I reply, "Surely you've heard about the smallest and lightest pistol ever made for the 9mm Parabellum."  

Then, depending on their attitude and whether I deem them to be worthy, I may or may not take the trouble to enlighten them.   8)

+++++++

I love it!

Richard that is a great way to introduce the R9 and sift through the wheat!

Short, simple and to the point, and see where it leads.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE