Author Topic: Colt Pocket 9  (Read 4918 times)

Offline Two_Guns

Colt Pocket 9
« on: June 04, 2010, 01:06:22 AM »
Hi guys first post here.I don't have a Rohrbaugh yet but I did have a question for you guys.I have a Colt Pocket 9 on the way and I was wondring if any one here has one.I tought it would make a nice carry gun.
Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Colt Pocket 9
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 08:44:32 AM »
Two-Guns:

Welcome to the Forum!

As for the Colt Pocket Nine, here is a link to a previous thread regarding the pistol:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Other;action=display;num=1091153937;start=
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
Very nice gun. I had one but I sold it ( for more than enough to buy a new R9). The trigger pull was smooth but heavy which didn't bother me for a carry gun-- if I had to fire it in self defense-- it wouldn't have mattered.  I mainly sold it because I felt it was too nice and rare to carry  and should be in the hands of a collector and the R9 does everything the P9 does (except fire +p) but in a much smaller package. I do have to admit the recoil was much milder on the P9 than the R9 but I think a lot of that had to do with the thick Houge rubber grips on the P9---makes it nice to shoot but a pain to pocket carry as they are thick and hang up on clothing.
I also had minor concerns that if something broke, repair parts would be hard to come by and I would have reduced a highly sought after collectable to an expensive paperweight.
Brownells sells Colt factory magazines for it for about $44 if you want any extras-- they show them in stock right now.
They are really nice guns - well made and nice to hold and shoot and nice to show off at BBQs since they are so rare.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:41:46 AM by jetboater »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 09:52:58 AM »
Two_Guns.  Welcome to the Forum.  Don't know anything about the Colt Pocket 9 however, congrats on getting one as I do know they're rare.  Do get you an R9, though, and enjoy the little wonder.  Again, welcome.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Two_Guns

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 10:47:47 AM »
Two_Guns.  Welcome to the Forum.  Don't know anything about the Colt Pocket 9 however, congrats on getting one as I do know they're rare.  Do get you an R9, though, and enjoy the little wonder.  Again, welcome.
Thanks for the welcome.I would get a R9 but money is very tight right now.I got the P9 in a trade and I had to struggle just to get the shipping and transfer money.Thanks for the replies.

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 12:47:25 PM »
That P9 should hold and even go up in value over time so you're in a good spot.  Shoot it, enjoy it and take care of it and when you get tired of it, you should be able to sell it easily-- old Colts are in high demand and you have one of the rarer later models.
Welcome to the forum! Let us know what you think of it after you get it.  

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 01:35:35 PM »
They are nice little guns but you need a comealong to pull the trigger! :-/
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »
Newt.  Which type of comealong do you recommend?    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Two_Guns

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 11:56:20 PM »
They are nice little guns but you need a comealong to pull the trigger! :-/
The trigger on mine is quite nice.It does have a bit of take up after the shot.I am really enjoying this little nine.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 04:39:19 AM »
Two_Guns.  Glad you're liking the Colt Pocket 9.  That's what counts, if you like it.  Continue to enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:11:35 PM by kjtrains »

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 10:58:11 AM »
Two_guns--- they are a nice pistol!! Glad you like it. I didn't mind the trigger on mine either.  
One caution--(not sure whether you got the manual with it) don't pull the trigger with the slide off the gun--the hammer strut and spring will go flying across the room!! (ask me how I know! :) ) and they are a real pain to reinstall.
enjoy your new P9!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:01:17 AM by jetboater »