Author Topic: New gun  (Read 4597 times)

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
New gun
« on: June 19, 2005, 08:31:43 PM »
Got a new Glock 26 and shot it today, very accurate and fun to shoot. I think I will make it my truck gun. :D
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: New gun
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 08:47:19 PM »
Congratulations, Newt.

I have a Glock G36 .45 auto which has never been shot.  My sons-in-law will probably be trying it during the 4th Holiday.

These Glocks sure look big now, compared to the R9S.

Bill

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 11:31:22 AM »
Has  anyone on the forum ever heard of or seen a Baikal PSM in 5.45 X 18. ? I think it is imported/ MFG by Baikal. I was wondering how it stacked up size wise to the other smaller( i.e. Rohrbaugh R-9, Seecamp, etc.) carry pistols.

DoubletapmMike
doubletapMike

Offline alfonso2501

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 12:44:07 PM »
I did a little googling, & came up with this site: http://www.enemyforces.com/firearms/psm.htm . According to that site the 5.45mm cartridge bridges the gap between .32 ACP & .25 ACP. It was originally made in the Izhevsk Mechanical Plant by a group of Tula designers: Tikhon Lashnev, Anatoly Samarin & Lev Kulikov. (I wonder what their coustomer service is like?). Not worth it IMO.

Offline logical

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 01:05:18 PM »
I was just sitting around last night thinking about all the great HP self defense loads out there for the 5.45 X 18, lamenting that I wanted a little more punch than my .25 but not willing to move all the way up to the punishing sting of full out .32 rounds and then......

Well OK, not really but there are decent moderate priced .32 guns out there...why screw with an obscure round in an even more obscure gun?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 01:46:00 PM by logical »

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 03:11:38 PM »
Thanks all. I appreciate all of the digging you did. I was just curious and knew that this was the place to find out. Kinda surprized that "Fly and Scuba" didn't know. It seems like he's dailed into everything, and the more obscure thae more he knows!( He probably already owns one!)

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline glazier

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 01:33:51 AM »
Hold 'er Newt, & hold her tight!, You'd be okay making the G26 your truck gun, lunch pail gun, tool belt gun, or, well you get my gist.  I've more of the 26's than I'll ever admit to & I've "pimped" them to the xtreme..  Use 'em or lose 'em.   ;D
Measure Twice...CUT Once!

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 05:14:31 AM »
Glazier,
  Thanks for the good advice. I actually have a glock 27 in .40 cal. Great gun, nice capacity but a little big for the hot weather.Sure isn't an R_9. I use a Galco IWB Deep Cover holster and it's fine when dressed up or in the colder months.
I just heard about the PSM, and wondered what it was all about. 5.45X18 is a kind of strange sounding round that I never heard of and I knew someone here woud know about it.
( But I figured it would be Tom at the Irish Guard or RJ Hedly To be honest!)

stay safe,
Mike
doubletapMike

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 05:22:29 AM »
Glazer,
     Duh! I just got it. Sorry to be so slow. All I can say is " I'll hit that d*mn bell if I want to"!
Glad someone else here watches "Lonesome Dove!"

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 07:04:37 PM »
Why go back to old out dated gun design. When the new updated design of the R9 is better and easier to find and get ammo for. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.    Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 08:18:57 PM »
Hi Tom,
   Well, you know you're right, and I know you're right. Let's see, an almost .32 that you can't get ammo for, or a 9mm that fits in your pocket. H'mmm. OK, I'll take the 9mm. With the cutting edge technology. I get your point and the good advice. Saved me again. Thanks Tom

stay safe,
Mike
doubletapMike