Author Topic: The new Rhino revolver!  (Read 2993 times)

Offline choppers

The new Rhino revolver!
« on: March 02, 2011, 07:15:15 PM »
If you have not heard of the 2" Rhino revolver, look it up. I'm here to tell you it is fantastic and different then anything out there. I hold it in my hand and it's like I was born with it. I have been to the range once and was very impressed. There are a lot of bad things said about this gun most of which I find not to be true. It does everything as advertised! You can even balence it upright on a table standing on the butt of the grip, don't try that with any other gun. When you hold it you feel the weight but that is why it feels so good, no plastic here. All the comments it has a stiff trigger are true but who cares for a self defens gun, no 2" barrel is a range gun either but shoots really very well, and isn't that the whole point.  I really think most of the negatives on this gun comes from people who just cannot get there mind around something different. Now I know we can't all like the same thing or you would all be after my wife but check it out and keep an open mind. It shoots like a dream! :)

Looking forward to your comments.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:19:31 PM by choppers »
Never be so open minded your brains fall out!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: The new Rhino revolver!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »
I have looked at this gun and will have to hold further comments until I see one in person at the gun shop.  I am looking for a .357 mag with a 2" barrel, but still leaning toward the S & W 627.  This holds promise, though.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:09:40 PM »

If I were in the market this would be at the top of the list: new in .357.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 08:43:05 PM »
Ruger is good!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:20:15 PM »
I held the Rhino at the SHOT Show and it felt cheap, maybe the grips made it feel that way.
I am open minded and I like the concept, maybe it is the execution that needs to change.
The trigger was okay, and I thought the single/double action type hammer was innovative.As you know, the hammer you see doesn't do the firing.
The intent or the selling/marketing point is the low bore axis, but will it make a difference in a self defense situation as you talked about? I don't know.
I think the largest obstacle is the price, I think it rather high for what it is.
Once again, am I open minded about this design, yes I am, but am I open minded enough to buy one right now? I don't think so.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:28:30 PM by chameleon »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »

The venerable Colt Python and an older S&W is all I need in a .357 Magnum.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »
I wrote a review of the Rhino that is the cover story for last month's issue of Shooting Illustrated.

Very interesting gun.  It has a lot of potential.  Don't get me wrong, I love my S&Ws, but the whole bottom barrel concept has a lot going for it.

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/6395/chiappa-rhino-200ds/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:37:02 PM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline choppers

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:58:59 PM »
Well Gator I just read your artical on the Rhino. I have to tell you there is not one word that I disagree with. That was so well done I could not have said it as well. It's nice to see that one can appreciate the unexped and keep an open mind. Bravo! :)
Never be so open minded your brains fall out!

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 07:20:26 AM »

I also wanted to come back here post Duane's link ( as he already did) and thank him for a great review.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 08:42:04 AM »
I wrote a review of the Rhino that is the cover story for last month's issue of Shooting Illustrated.

Very interesting gun.  It has a lot of potential.  Don't get me wrong, I love my S&Ws, but the whole bottom barrel concept has a lot going for it.

Great review, Duane.  Thanks.