Author Topic: Another sights thought .....  (Read 13693 times)

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Re: Another sights thought .....
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 12:06:42 AM »
Uh huh.... what Oscar said!

Is there enough metal/surface there to allow drilling and insertion of tritium vials?

That's what I'd really want -- three dots...tritium dots! :)
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 01:59:02 AM »
Welcome Oscar ... :) ..... all sounds like good thinking there.  Well .. as i understand it Eric does read here (when he finds time!!!) ..... and is pleased to have us debating and comparing - and feeding back.

He also mentioned how nice it is that some of us refer to our guns by S/N .... that feeling of pride of ownership etc.

I expect eventually to hear back on this once they have given it consideration.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 10:35:29 AM »
Hi R9:

Boards like this sell guns.

We also serve as a customer service resource. As well as a free focus group for the manufacturer.

For a company like Rohrbaugh, which is new (in that it only recently started shipping guns) our impressions of the firearm, especially since it is very expensive, will be very, very persuasive to prospective customers. Unlike the marketing efforts of a company--we are real, normal people who have no financial interest in the company, and spent alot of our own money on an unproven firearm.

Offline Oscar

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 07:05:59 PM »
  I like the idea of adding tritium vials to the R9s.  In order to determine whether this is possible, tritium vial manufacturers should be contacted to:  1) get a listing of their models diameter and length dimensions 2) get the tritium vials installation requirements such as mounting hole size & depth, type of adhesive for installation and minimum wall thickness required around the vial and 3) inquire about the recommended removal method since they will someday wear out and need to be replaced.  Next the R9s slide will need to be dimensionally examined to determine whether there is adequate material to allow the tritium vial's installation.
  Other considerations such as heat and recoil values may also be discussed with the tritium vial manufacturer.

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2004, 06:47:07 AM »
I think that they should incorporate an INTERNAL sight system as found as a factory option on the NAA Guardians ...

... does Eric read these forums? Maybe he could take that into consideration.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 06:48:03 AM by Fud »

Offline Frenchy

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2004, 03:08:53 PM »
I was reading about the Gutter Snipe sight system, and was impressed. Of all the sight designs for these diminutive pistols, this seems to be the best. Low profile, high tech & and snag free.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2004, 05:50:47 PM »
I have the "Gutter Snipe" sights on my G-380 and find them to be excellent.  If the option were available for my R9s, I would order it in a heartbeat.  

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Garish

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 02:28:59 AM »
So what happened???  Did anyone from Rorbaugh get back to you?  What was the result?

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 10:15:40 PM »
I just found this thread.  I guess the mill dots never took flight with Eric and crew.  I wonder why?  It is neat that the idea was being thrown around long, long before I had mine done.  I can tell you that I find it MUCH faster to get on target with the dots.  Here is mine with red epoxy paint in the milled dimples.  I opted for a figure 8 over the 3 dot alignment style.

Offline bonzer1

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »
I've just purchased a R9S and am very pleased with it.  One thing that I wanted to do was have red dots put in by the sights.  The work that you have done on yours looks great.  I was wondering if you would be able to share the information for the person that did the work.

Thanks and Happy New Years!

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »
Welcome Bonzer1, I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have.   Check out this post and the link in that post for all the info on my custom.  Bob does AWSOME work.
Corey

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Gunsmith;action=display;num=1211138742

Offline bonzer1

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 09:07:25 PM »
Thanks Corey, much appreciated!