Author Topic: Sub-sonic for follow-up shots?  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Savior_6

Sub-sonic for follow-up shots?
« on: September 07, 2008, 08:28:26 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has used sub-sonic rounds in their Rohrbaugh? A buddy of mine brought up the idea after trying my R9s and his .380 Seecamp and finding the recoil to be too sharp. I had chosen the Rohrbaugh because I wanted no less than a 9mm in a pocket pistol. Both he and I agree that the R9s feels like it's leaving your grip and have to readjust grip for each shot. We would both prefer to get that second accurate shot off as smooth and soon as possible. Thoughts?
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)
P9s
K9
P228

Offline eddie_c-clamp

• Expert
Re: Sub-sonic for follow-up shots?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 09:25:19 PM »
I got a LWS .380 and find the recoil much sharper than that of the R9........I'd say the pup was 30% less.....JMHO

Offline dawkind

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Benefactor and don't EVER give up!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 10:19:40 PM »
I got a LWS .380 and find the recoil much sharper than that of the R9........I'd say the pup was 30% less.....JMHO

+1

I found my R9S much easier to shoot than my .380 Seecamp......

I use Winchester Bonded-Core 147gr. hollow-point subsonic ammo in mine and it's been flawless.
"I think for myself.....therefore I vote Conservative.....God Bless Ronald Reagan!"

Offline Savior_6

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:07:47 PM »
dawkind and eddie_c-clamp, the R9s is undoubtedly easier to shoot than the Seecamp. The Seecamp actually hurts more than the Rohrbaugh.

dawkind, how smooth does the pistol shoot and how well does it come back on target after each shot? Your type of feedback and experience with this set-up is what I am looking for.
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)
P9s
K9
P228