Author Topic: Message from Cabela's  (Read 7047 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Message from Cabela's
« on: May 21, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »
    I just had an e-mail from Cabela's offering to subsitute Aquila .380 jhp for my .380 Silvertip backorder. That doesn't sound too promising. They must know more about what's going on than we do. Maybe the .380s will come on all at once like the 9MMs did.     Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Message from Cabela's
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 05:29:01 PM »
I got the message from Cabela's on 9mm's.  They gave me the opportunity to switch from Silvertips to Ranger's about a month ago.  So I think the .380's will come on strong once production is started.  The 9mm Silvertips have now shipped.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 11:47:29 PM »
   I just had an e-mail from Cabela's offering to subsitute Aquila .380 jhp for my .380 Silvertip backorder. That doesn't sound too promising. They must know more about what's going on than we do. Maybe the .380s will come on all at once like the 9MMs did.     Gene

I don't know but Aquila for Silvertips is like a Yugo in place of a BMW, (IMO)
and the switch they offered kj was better than the Aquila's.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 11:58:38 PM »
I have on good word that those Aguila 380 hp's is good ammo and will soon be added to the Seecamp approved list.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 09:35:09 PM »
Well, the first week of June is fast approaching, so we'll see if Winchester, truely does start production on the .380 Silvertips.  We can hope.  It worked for the 9mm's and even the .32's.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 12:18:07 AM »
    I still don't understand Winchester's "game plan", why , after such a long hiatus, they would resume production the way they did. .45 long colts and 10mm are both good cartridges. But the LCs are not big sellers and I don't think I've ever seen a 10mm. Then they started making the 9mm which is probably the largest selling cartridge in the world. Then instead of working 24/7 making .380s as you would expect they start making .32ACPs. There just aren't that many Seecamps and Tomcats around, when you compare them with .380s. I can only hope Winchester knows what it's doing, 'cause I sure as Hell don't!      Gene
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:19:33 AM by birdman »
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 06:40:05 PM »
Winchester's plan, if they had one, defies logic, for sure.  I am glad they now have the LC's, 9mm and .32's all of which I needed and now awaiting the .380's, all of these, the Silvertips.

Now with the Hydra-Shoks 380's available, and the Aguila .380's JHP (OK to use per Larry Seecamp in the Seecamp .380) the Winchester .380 Silvertips are not needed as badly.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 01:45:20 AM »
Well my last e-mail from Cabela's wasn't very encouraging, they offered other brands and no delivery date for STs.

John  
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:19:36 PM by kjtrains »