Author Topic: WINCHESTER 9MM SILVERTIPS AVAILABLE  (Read 19593 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
WINCHESTER 9MM SILVERTIPS AVAILABLE
« on: May 07, 2010, 05:09:45 PM »
Winchester 9mm 115 gr. Silvertips are available at RR Arms.  They have 136 boxes of 50 for $36.41 per box.

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=AX9MMSHP

Now gone up to $36.41 a box!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:09:03 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Re: WINCHESTER SILVERTIPS AVAILABLE
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »
     Thanks KJ, I hadn't accessed that site before, so I didn't have proof of age on file. I was afraid that if I took the time to go find a fax machine that they would be gone. So I called R&R. Talked to a really nice and very helpful guy named Don, I whined and sniveled and cried and told him that it was my birthday (which it is). He felt sorry for me and said that he would take my order and I could go fax the paperwork. I guess I could have just said I got some, but what the H*** I need the practice typing. Thanks again.    Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 07:25:33 PM »
Gene.  Happy Birthday to ya!  Glad you got your order in.  I got an email that they were in, so ordered some more as well; like I need them.  They definitely won't last long.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 10:46:50 PM »
  KJ, I did need them! I was down to my last box and it was half gone. I'm totally out of .380 STs, but I have enough Gold Dots to last. The guy I talked to at R&R said he didn't know when the .380 STs would show. In fact he sounded a little bit surprised the 9mm had shown up. Maybe it's a start.    Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 11:04:19 PM »
I'm really surprised Cabela's, Ammotogo, Sportsmans's Guide, and Midway, doesn't have the 9mm Silvertips.  As for the .380 Silvertips, don't know anyone who has those; have emails out for them just like the 9mm.

I do have a back order in at Cabela's for the .380's and they're saying 1 to 2 weeks from now.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:10:01 PM by kjtrains »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 11:19:31 PM »
The last I heard from Cabela's, the expected date was 5/15, we'll see.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 07:55:41 AM »
I did get an update from Sportsman's Guide on their ship date on Winchester 9mm Silvertips to 7/16/10.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Re: WINCHESTER 9MM SILVERTIPS AVAILABLE
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 09:41:08 AM »
    Midway changed their ETA to the middle of july also. Both 9mm and .380     Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 10:33:28 AM »
I wonder how RR Arms got theirs first?

Offline Lawyer56

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 10:57:29 PM »
Thanks for the head's up! I just ordered 10  boxes.  ;D

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »
    Someday, when Winchester production is at full bore and all the stores and internet sites are full, I'm going to suddenly find myself up to my ass in Silvertips! I've been backordering them for so long that I can't remember where all the backorders are. If production gets going like I hope then all the ones I've missed are going to show all at once. Better feast than famine tho.    Gene
birdman

Offline Lawyer56

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »
Try Sportsman Outdoor Superstore -- $29.95/box?

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 12:36:55 AM »
   Someday, when Winchester production is at full bore and all the stores and internet sites are full, I'm going to suddenly find myself up to my ass in Silvertips! I've been backordering them for so long that I can't remember where all the backorders are. If production gets going like I hope then all the ones I've missed are going to show all at once. Better feast than famine tho.    Gene

That was how I was with the P-Mags last year!!! ;)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline JJ62

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 08:20:11 AM »
Thanks
I just picked up 4 boxes.
At that time they still had 119 left. 8)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 12:03:06 PM »
I bought some as well today after getting set up as a dealer. They still have some in stock.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus