Author Topic: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...  (Read 52899 times)

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2016, 11:14:15 AM »
Someone should post another photo on here to keep this post on the front page of this section IMO.

Hey MRC, would you think about posting your new one here?

This pic section needs to be easy for nonmembers to find I think. Maybe a sticky??

Thanks for the thread bump JoshA, I would never have seen this thread if it had not been for that. 

It was a great read, and good to know some on here could have successful second careers as glamour photographers :)

+1 on sticky.

(Glad to see folks don't get ostracized for posting in old threads like they do on other internet forums.)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2016, 03:36:16 PM »
Someone should post another photo on here to keep this post on the front page of this section IMO.

Hey MRC, would you think about posting your new one here?

This pic section needs to be easy for nonmembers to find I think. Maybe a sticky??

Thanks for the thread bump JoshA, I would never have seen this thread if it had not been for that. 

It was a great read, and good to know some on here could have successful second careers as glamour photographers :)

+1 on sticky.

(Glad to see folks don't get ostracized for posting in old threads like they do on other internet forums.)

Thanks for the helpful insights and feedback sir. Welcome to the forum : )
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2016, 06:01:53 PM »
Tried to post today, but iPhone can no longer post pics for some reason.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2016, 08:28:16 AM »
Tried to post today, but iPhone can no longer post pics for some reason.

It's a conspiracy Josh! lol
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2016, 09:42:42 PM »
That's not funny! I'll bet if I had a droid it would have worked! Lol.

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2016, 08:26:47 AM »
For some reason, I got rid of my beloved Android and bought the new iPhone 6 s Plus. . . . Hate the darned thing and I'm past the 30 day return policy. Oh well. . . another $780.00 out the window. I should have kept the Droid. I can take wonderful photos with the iPhone, but try and download them to MY computer? . . . not a chance. They go directly to "The Cloud". . . . Hate it. . . . My Android I was able to download to MY computer, not alpha space somewhere. Droid will return. Anyone like a brand new iPhone cheap. . . . PM me.

Back to topic now - - - - Rant over. lol
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2016, 10:57:55 AM »
For some reason, I got rid of my beloved Android and bought the new iPhone 6 s Plus. . . . Hate the darned thing and I'm past the 30 day return policy. Oh well. . . another $780.00 out the window. I should have kept the Droid. I can take wonderful photos with the iPhone, but try and download them to MY computer? . . . not a chance. They go directly to "The Cloud". . . . Hate it. . . . My Android I was able to download to MY computer, not alpha space somewhere. Droid will return. Anyone like a brand new iPhone cheap. . . . PM me.

Back to topic now - - - - Rant over. lol

One way I have found that is easy and wireless is I email pictures from my phone to my regular or secondary email account.  Quick and all I have to do is save that picture wherever I want on my computer, or to photobucket.  I am sure that other ways exist also.

Offline Volvofan

As the title suggests, here are some photos of Robby.

1)  He's had the slide and tiny bits (trigger, hammer, etc) Cerakoted black on their exposed sections, making him appear much like a Covert.  The guy did a great job and his prices were extremely reasonable (around $100 with a one week turnaround); PM me for contact info if interested.

2)  VZ Grips installed, not the super rough ones.

3)  Tractiongrip on the front and back straps.

4)  Sights are dimpled, but I haven't yet added sight paint.

5)  I modified my DeSantis Superfly holster by cutting away a portion of the outside to reduce bulk when wearing with the anti-print panel.  I also inserted 10 strong Neodymium magnets into the "paddle" part to hold an extra mag.

In the holster with the anti-print panel, it's 1 1/8" thick at the thickest part; most is 1".  Weight in holster, fully loaded with 6+1, and a full spare mag is 25 oz.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:22:47 PM by Volvofan »

Offline Volvofan

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2016, 06:23:32 PM »
Rest of the photos.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2016, 08:52:02 PM »
Quite clever and wow that blacked out cerecote job with VZ's looks great IMO. Looks great man!! I may do that to one of mine honestly.

Please send me the contact info.

John Stuart Mill

Offline Volvofan

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2016, 09:56:43 PM »
I might as well post it, not like it's info you couldn't find online. 

Www.gunnwerks.com

Contact Sergio and tell him you saw pics of the Rohrbaugh.  He's got a shitton of photos on his site of other work he's done.  I can attest that it looks just as good in person.  If you call his listed number and he doesn't answer, just leave a message and he'll get back to you quickly.  Very reasonable prices... I actually found him thru eBay.

-Jon

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2016, 09:58:55 PM »
Thx

John Stuart Mill

Offline shortslide

« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2016, 09:56:27 AM »
This is my carry piece for the past four years, next to my new 4 inch barreled Tactical Supergrade compact.  My R9 is with me every day, mostly strong side front pocket.   It is one of the 100 special 'Robar' edition R9's purchased from another forum member.   No problem shooting this 80 rounds at a time.  A very nice increase in accuracy once I adopted a thumbs forward grip.   I have a question on the board here about trigger reset.   Never a problem in four years with this, I change the springs every 200 rounds but am running low.   Good that there is a place to still get them, I have not posted in four years because, up to now, my Robar R9 has been flawless at the range.   It's like an ever present old friend at this point, I really don't want to retire this from my carry rotation.   

Note the 45 caliber round next to the R9's grip. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:57:58 AM by shortslide »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2016, 11:39:40 AM »
Nice pic shortslide. I really like the Wilson too. Great looking pistol. Never owned one, but maybe one day.

Also it's awesome to hear of your R9 reliability. Sounds like a great one!! Looks good too. It's cool to see it next to the .45 round. Kinda puts things into perspective.

Thanks for the pics!!

John Stuart Mill

Offline shortslide

« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2016, 02:18:21 PM »
Nice pic shortslide. I really like the Wilson too. Great looking pistol. Never owned one, but maybe one day.

Also it's awesome to hear of your R9 reliability. Sounds like a great one!! Looks good too. It's cool to see it next to the .45 round. Kinda puts things into perspective.

Thanks for the pics!!

Josh,

Thanks, new to the 1911 platform and always wanted a Supergrade.      I have the carry version with the 4 inch barrel - it's only 30 Oz heavier than my fully loaded pup...   I only have one 9mm and was thinking about the Wilson Ultralight Carry Sentinel.   Which is a more manageable 31 Oz loaded - great for IWB carry.   But nothing beats the R9 for carry IMO.   

My R9 has been great until about two weeks ago, then my trigger reset problems started.   I have written it up here, would appreciate any input.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=4071.0