Author Topic: Range trip last week  (Read 4821 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Range trip last week
« on: September 25, 2016, 03:34:31 PM »
Went to a local informal outdoor range with the R9 Covert, LWS .32 and Boberg XR9 (shorty).  Shot at FBI silhouette targets at 5 yards point and shoot only.  Started with the .32 using PMC ammo...35 rounds with no issues and surprising results with most rounds in a paper plate size area of the mid-chest, although with a predisposition to the lower left quadrant.  Then to my EDC, the R9 using Lawman 124...40 rounds with no issues and to my surprise, the same pie-plate size grouping but centered.  I clearly do better one-handed point and shoot with rapid fire than with rapid two handed shooting.

I generally shoot well with the Boberg, but had not shot it in quite a while and never point and shoot...was disappointed in the results...most left and low due to the length of the trigger pull I think.  For this one went back to a two-handed modified Weaver stance and had great accuracy.  Since most "social engagements occur at close distance and usually one handed I'm told, I guess I best not carry the XR9 without a whole lot more practice!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Range trip last week
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 09:49:50 PM »
Overall it sounds like a good day at the range.   ;-)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 08:26:32 PM »
Almost any day at the range is a better day than most Eric!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 08:55:29 PM »
Ha haa. . . . Right you are! 
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.