Author Topic: A few questions from a new owner  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Anti

A few questions from a new owner
« on: September 28, 2016, 05:06:56 PM »
Hello all,
I just have a few questions for those with a bit more experience than I with these firearms.
-I just ordered a bunch of new springs from Wolff. Does anyone know how long they plan to offer them? Would it be worth it to by 20 or so recoil Springs just in case they discontinue production?
-I also ordered a couple mags from check mate. Would it be wise to grab a few more as well?
-when I initially cleaned my gun I pulled out the firing pin to inspect it and clean the channel. Later on this forum I noticed a few posts from those who couldn't remove it. I also saw some posts from individuals who had to send theirs in for warranty work because the firing pin retainer wasn't up to spec and rotated enough to slow down the slide velocity and cause failures. If i was able to remove my firing pin, is it likely my retainer is out of specific?
- my gun didn't come with a manual or warranty card. I managed to find a pdf of the manual online so at least I could read it but will I be able to get warranty work if needed in the future from the company remington contracted even though I don't have the card?
- for those of you who have sent you gun to the above mentioned gun Smith after rohrbaugh was acquired by remington, how was the quality of the repair? If I have a minor issue with an individual part will they simply ship me the part or am I required to send them the gun for them to do the repair in shop?

Thanks you all for your time and for providing so much great information!

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: A few questions from a new owner
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 05:56:11 PM »
You should only buy 20 springs if you plan to shoot thousands of rounds through your gun.