<< < (2/6) > >>

tracker:
It seems to me that it is important to eliminate the variables;
you said that you fired 50 rounds of mixed ammo on a
qualification? I learned a lesson the hard way on a CCW qual
using reloads--fortunately, it worked out but why mess with
it? Just stick with what works.

eddie_c-clamp:
You're right Tracker.......I'll just stick to the GD's...... :)

alligosh:

--- Quote ---Steve- I had a similiar experience today at my qualifacation course of fire. Out of 50 mixed brand 9mm's I had about 7 failure to fire. All had light strikes on the primer that looked like half moons. This got me a bit worried since I shot 150 rds of 115 grain speer non-HP thru it two days ago.

Does ammo make a difference on primer strikes???

Gents please chime in here....I'm getting paranoid :'(
--- End quote ---

From what I gather from talking to people about it (including calling Rohrbaugh) is that some ammo (read: cheap) has very hard primer.  The R9 has a hard time hitting it hard enough to get it to fire.  The good stuff, as in the major manufacturers good lines of ammo, shouldn't have a problem.  Speer Gold Dot and PMC Starfire both work, where the Remington UMC failed to fire every third round, and the magtech wouldn't even feed into the chamber.

As read elsewhere in these forums, every brand is slightly different in tolerances, and it seems that the R9 is tight enough on tolerances that it cares.  Which in my mind is a good thing, since it works with the defense rounds I want to use.

Thank you all for your responses.  When a firearm goes click rather than boom too many times, I start to get nervous.  You guys have helped me feel that the R9 is as good a weapon as I need it to be.

-Steve

dawkind:
I had the same failure-to-fire problems using the UMC/Remington ammo with my R9S Stealth; never have I had one FTF using the Winchester white box ammo in the past 200rds.

I personally use Winchester Ranger bonded-core 147gr. HP LEO ammo in my Rohrbaugh and it has been flawless..... ;)

eddie_c-clamp:
I had no probs w/recommended ammo (150 rds).......just when I fed the pup junk food.......

Moral of the story.......no more junk food 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version