Author Topic: A New Twist to "Mexican Carry"  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
A New Twist to "Mexican Carry"
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
This Joe Man Gear Trigger Guard - Mercury Holster brings an interesting twist to the concept of "Mexican Carry" . . . for those times when you just want to grab the pistol and stuff it in your waist band.  I have both the 1911 and Glock models.  The Mercury also provides some added security for a pistol stored in or on a night stand and can be stripped off in one smooth motion if required.

http://www.milspecjunkies.com/product-p/jmg1.htm

_____

I should add that the company is a start-up owned by one of our military veterans.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:20:15 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: A New Twist to "Mexican Carry"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 11:07:54 PM »
I use one of these tied to my night stand. I like it because as I grope for the alarm clock the trigger is protected but in a way that wouldn't require two hands to remove it from a holster. One snag and its out.

Ties off to the belt if you carry Mex. I've not used it that way yet.

How does the mex work compared to other options Richard?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: A New Twist to "Mexican Carry"
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 03:51:14 PM »
How does the mex work compared to other options Richard?

If by "other options" you mean options for so-called "Mexican Carry" (unholstered in the waistband), there is the Clipdraw.  However, that device leaves the trigger exposed and I therefore do not recommend it for routine use.  I have a Clipdraw for my Colt 1991A1.  It is mounted by inserting it beneath the right-side grip panel.  I use it primarily for enhancing retention when carrying the pistol in a Galco Yaqui Paddle holster, as shown in the attached photograph.  The Man Gear Mercury protrudes into the space between the Clipdraw and the pistol.  Using the Clipdraw and the Mercury together would require opening the tension of the Clipdraw device, something I would not recommend.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"