Administration > Forum News and Feedback

Attention Prospective New Members: Please Read

(1/6) > >>

DDGator:
Unfortunately, a high volume of spam members attacking the forum has required me to change the approval process so it requires manual approval by me.  So far, this has been 100% effective at stopping spammers, with relatively few problems.

The registration instructions request that you send me an email to ensure your quick approval -- which will usually be within 24 hours.

If you don't follow the instructions and instead send me a nasty email weeks later questioning my work ethic or otherwise expressing your dissatisfaction with the process --- don't expect a gracious welcome.  I'll still approve your membership (probably), but we generally operate on a friendly and professional basis here.  This is not an exclusive club, but you aren't my customer, and membership is by invitation and approval.  Common courtesy, and not being a spammer or troll, is all that is really required.

Sorry if that sounds unwelcoming, that is not my intention.  We want to continue to cultivate a great forum of Rohrbaugh fans!  I hope to hear from all of you.

offrdmania:
Much needed and if someone doesn't understand the security and doesn't like it then they are most likely up to no good.

tracker:
Go get 'em, Duane---you 'da man and many thanks for neutralizing the troll invasions on this forum.

Brenden:
Good luck Duane!!!
If they can't take a joke forget em eh!😎
Your doing a great job,thank you!

cargaritaville:
Duane: I think that this smart move will finally say "Hasta la vista baby" to the spammers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version