Miscellaneous > The Water Cooler -- General Discussions

RJ's Fine

(1/3) > >>

K-Man:
As promised, I stopped by RJ’s home this morning and checked up on him.  He and his wife are doing fine, other than being very warm from being without AC/power.

There was minor damage in the area, with most of that being from trees/limbs having fallen.  In an area not far from RJ, I saw a number of very large oak trees blown over.  Damage to buildings was very minor – most was suffered by the street-side signage, which was that plastic-type material.  I saw one sign set up that actually had two signs – one was blown out and the other right above it had no damage at all – bizarre.

The crews are in the process of restoring power to the whole area.  One block would have power, the next block would not.  I would estimate that they’ve restored about 65-70% of the power to folks.  I would expect to see that to be right near 100% by this time tomorrow.

RJ said he appreciates everyone’s concern and this will be the first place he stops once he’s back on line.

MurrayNevada:
K-Man:
Thanks for your scouting mission and report.  I'm sure we are all relieved.

DDGator:
Just goes to show you the nice community we have developed here.  Thanks K-Man.

Glad to hear RJ fared well.

Richard S:
K-Man:

I just returned from a weekend up in the mountains and checked the Forum.  Thank's for the recon and intel on RJ.  That's great news!  I was able to follow some of the hurricane's  progress by satellite TV, and the eye of the storm appeared to be periously close to all of you.  My thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost loved ones and so much property in this disaster.

I was pleased to learn that Duane was able to take delivery of his Rohrbaugh in spite of all the confusion caused by the hurricane.  It is altoghether fitting and proper that the Administrator of the Forum should possess the pistol which brings us here.

RS

DDGator:
Thanks Richard -- Amen to that!  I was starting to feel kind of silly, actually.

I had the same problem with my PT Cruiser.  Before I knew it, I was President and founder of the local PT Cruiser club and didn't even have my car yet!  I actually had to RENT a PT Cruiser from Dollar Rent-a-Car (and that took a bit of doing, believe me) to go to the first state-wide function!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version