Miscellaneous > The Water Cooler -- General Discussions

Is your Dog a Football Fan?

(1/3) > >>

K-Man:
Apparently now one of my dogs has become a Tampa Bay Buc fan.  I had come out of my office to watch a bit of the game this evening.  The refs had just made a penalty call against TB and one of my female dogs started barking and doing a low growl at the TV.  She does the low growl at you when she’s not happy with you. (She had been lying on the floor in front of the TV watching the antics.)  Makes me wonder some days just how “humanistic” my dogs have become.

I have four dogs – all humane society rescue types – one male and three females.  They’re quite the “crew” let me tell you.  This is the first time I’ve had more than one dog in my family, and I will forever have at least two from this point forward.

What kind of pet(s) do you have?

Richard S:
K-Man:

I used to own a Hungarian Vizsla like that.  She is now gone.  To paraphrase the words of the Sammy Davis song, "Bo Jangles" -- After twenty years, I still grieve.

RS

shelb:
My dogs seem to love to watch TV as well.  Every time my Alaskan Malamute hears a bird on TV, he goes nuts  ;D

We are a four dog family as well  :D
Hope you don't mind pics....they're like my children  ;D

Kindred - Alaskan Malamute - He's almost 2  :)

Kadence -  Great Pyrenees - 6 weeks old here (5 months old now and 55 pounds  :D)

Peso & Recee - 3 & 2 year old Chihuahuas

GeorgeH:
My dog died last year at 12. But one of his favorite activities was to sit with his butt on the deck and his front paws on a lower step and "watch the outside." He was like a king surveying his kingdom. He could sit like that for hours. In bad weather when he was inside, he would sit at the window and do the same thing. It was like watching paint, but for him he was as focused on his kingdom like a football fan would be while watching the Super Bowl.

RJ HEDLEY:
 We had an Alaskan Malamute a few years back.  Her name was Loki,  she made a big warm spot in all our lives, and will never be forgotten.  

This, I remember......
 I had left $100, in twenties, folded and sitting on the table beside my chair.  The next day, as I thought to recover the money,  it was gone.  In looking around for the money, I spotted one bill across the room, all wadded up and full of holes.
 Well, I knew it hadn't been my Wife that did it, she would had spent it, not chewed it.  So, after a few minutes of searching,  I conclude that it must have been attractive to Miss Loki ..

Three days later, watching Loki, I see her trying really hard to do her morning *BM* .   Out comes a strange looking pile,  I work on it with the water hose,  and there it is, my 80 bucks...[this would have never happened had the Wife got it  ;D]
Well, even after a good washing and drying, I still didn't care to have this in my pocket, so I carried to the bank for an exchange.     " This looks like it has been wet!", the bank teller said, as she handed me four crisp twenties.  

I told her, "yes, it has."      :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version