Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Gunsmithing or Modifications for your Rohrbaugh

Free R 9 to good home

(1/2) > >>

kerrynp5:
Don't be silly . . .  but look at this

I just spoke to Jeri at Practical Tactical Night Sights. If you send the slide of your R9 to them with $        , they will drill three holes and put in night sight tritium vials with the longest warranty in the business - 15 years. I’ve had guns done there in the past, they are very professional with a quick turnaround time. You can have red, yellow, orange, blue or green in the rear and green in the front sight (60% brighter). Their e-mail address is jling@ptnightsights.com  or (800) 334-3573 or 2900 S. Highland Drive – SUITE 18-B Las Vegas, Nevada 89109 or www.ptnightsights.com
                                                                                     Kerry

What do you think Eric?

P.S. Their technician is going to give me a  price tomorrow. It looks like it will be less than $100.

I'll post the price as soon as I can.

This company has a very good reputation

Brenden:
I would like to see a picture when you get yours done..
I know that this has been discussed before, and If I remember correctly without doing a search, that it is a difficult add on to do this in a durable fashion..

I think it would be great if this was an option from the brothers Rohrbaugh!!  8)

Stook:
This topic was discussed in August, the final resolve being that the night sight vials couldn't stand up to the recoil abuse.  Check out the following on the FAQ site:

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/rohrbaugh/basefile/sights-night.htm

OR, you may have found a source that can do it without the problems. (Hope so)  

Let us know what you find out and/or how it works.

Randy

BillinPittsburgh:
I recall the prior night sight thread, and yes, the R9s owner who had them installed had multiple vials break very quickly during practice.

I also recall a more recent thread wherein the R9 was compared to the NAA G380, with someone who owns both saying that the Rohrbaugh has less felt recoil.  The tritium on my G380 holds up generally no worse than other night sights I have had.

I wonder to what extent felt recoil translates into the way recoil affects something attached to the slide, especially since we are comparing a straight blowback to a tilt barrel?  If they do compare, maybe tritium is feasible.

I certainly hope it is, as I have regarded tritium is a near-necessity since I got my first pair of such sights.

R9SCarry:
Guinea pigs - we need guinea pigs!!! :P ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version