Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Gunsmithing or Modifications for your Rohrbaugh

Nail Polish on Front Sight?

(1/2) > >>

Buz:
I have a J-Frame with an orange front sight and I like the way it looks.  
I would like to paint my R9s front sight too with a bright orange nail polish.
Has anyone done this?  If so, what is the best technique?
1 coat? 3 coats?
Also, is clear coat something I want to put on as a last step?
Will the nail polish peel off easily?

Thanks,
Buz

sslater:
Buz,
You must have gotten lonely waiting for a reply to your post!
I've had good success with Dayglo Red model airplane dope.  It stays on pretty good, and when the paint begins to wear off, I just hit the area with some solvent and re-apply.  It really makes a difference for my aging eyes! 8)  

Steve

FireBreather01:
I have also used Testors paint with good results but have heard others that like nail polish as well. Just make sure you wipe it down with alcohol before you paint it.

theirishguard:
I'm for the nail polish as well. Easy to find, just ask the little lady, and it is easy to see and remove if needed. Not to mention all the great color choices. ::) 8) :o
Tom

Buz:
Wow,
For a while there, I thought I asked a really stupid question!

Thanks guys for replying.  I do have the little lady looking for some bright orange nail polish.  I am embarrassed to say I still haven't shot my R9 yet, but I do look at it ALOT.  

I recently purchased a P3AT with the hard chrome slide as a kick around piece.  I love to rack the slide on the Kel-Tec a few times then pick up my R9 and rack its slide.  Holy Crap what a difference!!!!  It's just so tight and buttery smooth to rack.  Makes the KT feel like a cracker jax toy surprize. The quality of the R9 is amazing.(I'll stop here before I start another thread within a thread.)

Buz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version