Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Gunsmithing or Modifications for your Rohrbaugh

Grip screw wil not come out......

(1/7) > >>

margator:
Think the head is rounded out....can't remove myself. Do I take it to the local shop and entrust it to them or just send it back to the factory? Thx!

kjtrains:
margator.  If you have an easy out, a new screw, and a small soldering iron, you may can do it yourself.  Tracker reminded us of Slater's idea of heating up the screw to soften the loctite.  Then use the easy out to back out the screw.  

If you don't want to tackle this, I would send it back to the factory, unless you do have a very trustworthy gunsmith.  Just my thoughts.

Z:
Excellent advice Ken. I second that.

You may want to purchase a couple of sets of Yankee2500 replacement screws as well.

I had the same problem a while back. I used a torx bit to remove it.
I then purchased a precision HUDY allen driver and have been aok ever since. :)

Richard S:
Margator:

I've been there myself:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1190497569;start=10#10

If you decide to go the "DIY" route, just be sure to use a quality damaged screw remover of the right size and take your time. I would also follow the advice of Tracker and Steve on heating the screw a little with a soldering iron in order to help break the adhesion of any Loctite that may have been applied to the grip screw.

In recent years, I've been using miniature rubber O-rings under the grip screws of my R9. They work for me.

Good luck!

yankee2500:
I had to remove 3 of the grip screws on my Son in laws pup with a Grabit screw extractor. :o worked like a champ but not for the weak at heart. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version