Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Gunsmithing or Modifications for your Rohrbaugh

Broken recoil spring assembly/guide rod

(1/2) > >>

rickmartinez60:
Greetings,
I have an R9 earlier edition, I believe 2006. Bought it used. I've taken it to the range 4 times. The FIRST time I ran around 50 rounds thru it. I changed the recoil spring afterward as I was not sure when it had been last replaced. I took it again a couple more times & did another 75 rounds or so with no issues. But a couple days ago I took it out again & ran two mags thru it & on the third mag, three rounds into it, the spring assembly broke. Like a cheap piece of junk. I'd been running mostly Winchester FMJ 115 grain & Speer GD. Anyone ever have those issues?

tracker:
Is it the guide rod that is broken? If so, I have never heard of that happening.

backupr9:
I have never hear of a guide rod breaking.  "Bought used" is always a risk...was it abused?  Was +P ammo run through it?...etc.  I often buy at gun shows and have been burned a couple of times with unexpected problems in spite of reasonably careful inspections of the pieces bought....goes with the territory I guess.

Brenden:
I have not heard of a spring itself breaking either?
Showing a picture would be helpful in figuring out the problem.

Btw, welcome to the forum and your first post RM60.

Richard S:
With around 6,000 R9s produced, that's the first time I've ever heard of a spring assembly breaking.  Photos?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version