Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Gunsmithing or Modifications for your Rohrbaugh

Gunsmith Recommendations

<< < (9/9)

JMH:
I am so impressed with everyone here helping out with ideas and being willing to share their experiences. Don't know what I would have done without ECR's assistance. With the spare barrel in hand I carefully stroked the original barrel with a file only to make the slide rack smoothly. And by last week was able to visit the range. Lots of anticipation in the weeks between receiving the barrel from ECR and being able to make the time to get to the range. But, by the second magazine the barrel was again deformed and I could not rack the slide so I stopped shooting it. But this time I got it home and cleaned it and again took a file to the barrel. Mind you, in the smallest of increments. It is smooth again and the slide racks beautifully. Next time I will have what I need at the range to break down the R9 and continue the filing process to see if there is an end to it at some point. File-shoot-file-shoot, and so on. I anticipate that eventually I will have a smooth action and a sloppy fit between the barrel and slide or the gun will be 'broken in' and function normally from that point forward. I promise to update and again, thank you all for weighing in.

ECR:
J . . . . . Please PM me with a contact phone number. I'd like to give you a buzz about your R9.

Thanks

Eric R.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version