Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Gunsmithing or Modifications for your Rohrbaugh

problem with round in chamber

<< < (2/7) > >>

tracker:
Mania must be off the road asking if that is a 1911. ;D

giansant:
Thanks to all who have replied so far. I did try several magazines but saw no difference. Also ran those same magazines through my other Rohrbaugh with no issues. I did lubricate the slide (very light coating of oil on the rails) but also did not result in any difference. Not saying that it might not be an issue with the slide but did think of that and tried the oil. And yes, to confirm, it is a Rohrbaugh not a 1911.

tracker:
If it may be the slide Eric advised me to apply 1200 grit silicon carbide valve lapping compound on the rails to ensure a good slide to frame fit. That is probably not the issue here but just to pass along some of his wisdom. He said to just work the slide on the frame a few times.

offrdmania:

--- Quote from: tracker on April 26, 2019, 11:27:52 PM ---Mania must be off the road asking if that is a 1911. ;D

--- End quote ---

I guess I dont know the back story about Wilson Combats involvement with Rohrbaugh. Now that I know its a Rohrbaugh R9 I can most likely help. With the second round not going into the chamber without a little help, could it be a feed ramp issue? Are you seeing deformation at the tip of the bullet, is it getting caught as its moving up into the chamber? There was a recent thread where an owner stated that hollow points wouldnt work in his R9 but round nose rounds worked just fine.

PhilZ:

--- Quote from: tracker on April 27, 2019, 12:22:54 PM ---If it may be the slide Eric advised me to apply 1200 grit silicon carbide valve lapping compound on the rails to ensure a good slide to frame fit. That is probably not the issue here but just to pass along some of his wisdom. He said to just work the slide on the frame a few times.

--- End quote ---

Will that lapping compound work on a painted slide?  Covert had black coated slides.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version