Author Topic: More RM 380's on sale  (Read 11423 times)

Offline PlacerLode

Re: More RM 380's on sale
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 02:59:06 AM »
as I recall they worded the rebate any or all 870's I don't think they did mention "shotgun" now that I think of it. in AZ we can add a buttstock and be legal I picked up a DoubleStar Ace "Hammer" side folder and a Wilson plus one mag extension. The new mag fed 870's look interesting I'm hoping next Black Friday I can buy 5 of those lol

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 11:05:30 AM »
as I recall they worded the rebate any or all 870's I don't think they did mention "shotgun" now that I think of it. in AZ we can add a buttstock and be legal I picked up a DoubleStar Ace "Hammer" side folder and a Wilson plus one mag extension. The new mag fed 870's look interesting I'm hoping next Black Friday I can buy 5 of those lol

How can you add a buttstock to a Tac14 and stay legal with the Feds?  It is my understanding that is now a SBS and you need a stamp.

Are you a Type 07 FFL?

Offline PlacerLode

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 02:18:31 PM »
In AZ it's legal but not with the feds kind of like pot laws in Colorado etc

Suppressors, SBR's etc all legal from the States standpoint

I guess thats why AZ is the number one 2A friendly state it really should be Texas but all the news I hear re guns and Texas this year was very disappointing it's sounding a lot like Kommiefornia
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:26:58 PM by PlacerLode »

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 06:40:53 PM »

I guess thats why AZ is the number one 2A friendly state it really should be Texas but all the news I hear re guns and Texas this year was very disappointing it's sounding a lot like Kommiefornia

When I lived in Phoenix years ago I do remember a ton of very good shops. Plus it was fun to carry targets out, and back from, for shooting in the desert. 
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 11:14:28 PM »

So you will risk a federal felony with such harsh penalties because you believe that you will not get caught?  No matter what those potheads in Colorado, California, etc. say, marijuana use is still illegal in these United States. 

I have never read anywhere, except your post, where folks in Arizona are showing the middle finger at the BATFE.  Remember those liberals who promote drug use generally hate your guns.  Even in communist Hawaii they just sent out letters to pot users to turn in their firearms or face confiscation and charges.

Not sure if your are trolling me with this or not, LOL.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:53:29 AM by MikeInTexas »

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 04:26:02 PM »

How can you add a buttstock to a Tac14 and stay legal with the Feds?  It is my understanding that is now a SBS and you need a stamp.

Are you a Type 07 FFL?

Just add a "Brace"

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 05:08:31 PM »

Are you a Type 07 FFL?

Just add a "Brace"

I would get one in any case. I THINK the brace will be outlawed soon. I read that the ATF is considering banning the bump-stock's. IF that happens the brace will soon follow. 
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 05:35:56 PM »

Are you a Type 07 FFL?

Just add a "Brace"

That is an idea if legal.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:38:40 PM by MikeInTexas »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 05:43:45 PM »
The ATF ruled on braces last April and said essentially it is legal to shoulder a brace but it is illegal to permanently affix it to the weapon.
http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?p=3524

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2018, 06:33:43 PM »
Thanks for the link tracker.

Read some more, it appears that a brace is legal, but a shoulder stock like the poster above claims he is doing is not.

Can't find anything else where federal laws are being ignored in Arizona either.  Anyone got some more information about that? 

I am all for states rights and would love it if we could thumb our nose at the BATFE in regards to firearm laws like so many states are doing to the DEA with the removal of state level drug laws.  My machine gun collection will expand greatly on that day :)

Offline PlacerLode

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 11:04:00 PM »
I was just as surprised by the gun laws in AZ I'm from a kommunist west coast state where nothing is legal

AZ senate bill 1460 started in 2015 by a Lake Havasu Rep it was initially a bill to restore firearms rights to felons after a waiting period (ie 5 years) in 2016 an attachment allowing "sawed off shotguns" barrel of any length, SBR's and suppressors to be legal in AZ and treated like any "firearm" it was not an "F U" as Mike stated but AZ Senate did say they wanted to challenge federal gun laws on the matter. Google seems to be making it harder to search for info on the bill that was passed in mid 2016 but it is in fact legal to carry SBS, SBR and suppressors in AZ now you wouldn't want to get caught committing a crime or crossing any border etc (common sense) or anything triggering a federal investigation.

In a nutshell any law abiding AZ citizen can lawfully possess an SBS or suppressor w/o fed paperwork and will not have any trouble with any AZ State level authorities

I stumbled across this when buying a Fostech Origin 12 I opted for the 18" barrel just to be on the safe side even though their SBV version with a 10" barrel and a brace is federally legal (supposedly). I ended up meeting local machinists making motorcycle parts for me and all of them build suppressor kits and most own an SBS Fostech (the latest scattergun craze) These guys showed me the laws and pointed out at local ranges what was sitting on peoples tables and I was shocked at how many people now own and use these really fun guns and are enjoying them at the ranges. One Saturday I was getting a demo of an 10" SBV 12 gauge Fostech with a clone Salvo 12 suppressor built buy one of these shops. A Ranger (Federal) stopped at our bench and asked if he could run some serial numbers which the guy that owned them allowed. They were just checking for stolen and they didn't ask a single question re any suppressor (there were 4 present) nor a single question about the SBS Fostech or (2) SBR AR's and  22 Ruger pistol with home built suppressor. He never asked for ID either. The guy I was with said this was a common deal and as long as you have legal iron there is never an issue. Now I'm not saying I'm going to do it I don't own any suppressors and my Tac-14's are still stock in the box I don't know if I'll ever change their config. until Trump gets some new Fed laws passed like the Hearing Act etc

I understand you may be upset about this but no amount of hand wringing or foot stomping is going to scare Zonians they don't seem to ask or care about others opinions when it comes to 2A related issues

ALso I don't think braces will in anyway be related to bumpskis and I doubt bumpskis will be banned either (or they already would be) anyone familiar with bump stocks realizes they are pretty much worthless unless you have a million 556 rounds to burn up ASAP most experienced AR guys can bump fire from the hip very easily. In Las Vegas if the "shooter" was using a bump stock it saved thousands of lives but I don't think it would have been effective even impossible at that high angle shooting downwards and accuracy would be only on the first shot. All the street level videos show the Mandalay Bay windows intact during the first few vollies of gunfire
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:26:27 PM by PlacerLode »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 12:46:44 PM »
I agree with you that there is no correlation between braces and bump stocks. The BATF rulings on these items are based on the criteria of a basic change to the weapon. Since they already clarified the brace issue I also think that they will stay legal. The bump stock issue could go either way but you are probably right that they would have already ruled on it. The small Slide Fire company in tiny Moran, TX is keeping a close watch on this one as it is their only product so far.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 01:39:28 PM »
Mike is correct. You do NOT want a visit from the ATF. I used to collect S&W wheel guns. At one time I had three show up at my FFL with him out of town, I think it was the big gun show in Oklahoma, anyway when he got back I got all three at the same time. He advised me that three on one day WILL red flag the ATF. It did.

About three weeks later two guys from the ATF showed up. I asked to see some ID, as is my right, and let them in. They said they were here because of the large number, 90-100, of handguns I bought. I said "rather than talk about it let me show you." I took them into my den, where my safe is located, opened it and said " do there look like the type of guns the gang members use?" He replied no but he said "well you know of the gun problem in Chicago, 4 hours away." I said "yes I do know they have a problem BUT it is because the good guys can't carry a firearm but the bad guys do." Neither had a reply to that.

Funny thing is they didn't check any numbers or even ask to see the stamps for my suppressors or SBR.   
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 06:03:21 PM »
PlacerLode I wish Texas would adopt that attitude and those laws.  In Texas we can have all those things, if they are legally owned with the federal paperwork.  No paperwork, big problems.  The feds take this stuff seriously in other places.  Ronnie Candelario got 41 months for an homemade suppressor. by a US district judge.  Ballsy move by your guys, hope you fully understand the risks.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2018, 07:16:29 AM »
After Vietnam, and collection/shooting for over 40 years I have had the opportunity to buy things that skirted, ok BROKE, the law but I always passed. A LOT of guys brought 'toys' back from Nam, not me. I let the ATF look into my safe a few years ago and they can come back any time. Actually they may just do that.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident