Author Topic: Well shoot…  (Read 7119 times)

Offline Tailwheel

Well shoot…
« on: September 17, 2023, 04:14:05 PM »
Had my stealth out in the bright sunlight today and noticed a crack alongside the front sight.  I can feel it with my fingernail, it runs about an inch.   I had fired one magazine of 115 gold dots today before I noticed it. 

I also shot the new to me R9s I picked off off armslist.   It did just fine so that made up a little for the other one.   But, I’m super bummed.  I’ll have to try to locate a slide so I can put my OCD to rest on this one.   

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Well shoot…
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 07:17:26 PM »
That happened to me on an earlier model and I know your frustration. Maybe Eric could find a slide for you.

Offline Tailwheel

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 03:23:48 PM »
I'm on the hunt for a slide.  It will be a real shame if I have to retire this R9s and didn't even get 100rnds downrange.   They are still cool but the excitement has diminished a little.

Offline Tailwheel

Re: Well shoot… need new slide
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 08:22:44 PM »
Still looking for a replacement slide. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 06:09:52 AM »
Patrick, I apologize for not seeing this earlier. Karl and I have been busy with a health issue with our Mother of 95 years recently and I haven't been on the forum. She is stable now and coming home soon.

Please, message me through the forum using a p.m. and I'll see what I can do for you as I have only a few things left from the shop lying around at this point but I may be able to help in this matter of a slide for you.

We'll converse soon.

Regards,

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.