Author Topic: Crossdraw IWB, preferrably tuckable, ASAP  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Crossdraw IWB, preferrably tuckable, ASAP
« on: July 15, 2009, 03:41:38 AM »
I aggravated an old back injury, and it's getting difficult to even take pocket carrying the pup on my strong side.  (I've already stopped wearing a primary, and have moved the cell, wallet, etc onto my weak side.  I still have a 45 in my briefcase, and another in the car, but I really don't like ever being unarmed at work.)

Unfortunately, work is in a BAD place*, so I can't quite give up carrying.  

I'm doing my rehab, etc, and it'll get better eventually, but this is the worst my back's been in years.  (I broke my neck in two places and my back in one, and that causes some complications every now and then.)

*(It's pretty much us, outlaw bikers, hookers, and dealers, nights and weekends -- and we're doing our best these days to not be there nights and weekends either.)

Does anyone know of a holster maker who makes a IWB holster for the pup, preferrably a tuckable one, that can do rush jobs?
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Crossdraw IWB, preferrably tuckable, ASAP
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »
Mitch Rosen offers an "Express Line" of holsters which are advertised as having a turnaround time of two to three weeks. You might give him a call.

http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_line/product_line.html

Good luck, and best wishes for a speedy recovery from your back trouble! (If misery loves company, I've been there myself.)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 11:28:28 PM »
I would ask Robert Meco if he can do it.  I have recieved two holsters from Robert and both IMO were done fast and EXTREMELY well made.....couldn't be happier with his work.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 09:21:30 PM »
Check High Noon Holsters they have some in stock IWBs they say that ship in 24 to 48 hrs, they are not custom leather units but may fill the slot while someone makes what you need.
http://highnoonholster.com/Product_Line/Belt_Holsters/Inside_The_Waistband/inside_the_waistband.html

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 09:56:35 PM »
Aglifter

All right, I will bite. What is it you do that forces you to interact with these "colorful" bad people?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kwesi

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 12:28:54 AM »
Just picked up a High Noon "Bare Asset" IWB with a 15 degree cant - very nice and I'm impressed for the price! Was shipped in 24 - 48 hours.  Here is the link:

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Bare_Asset/bare_asset.html

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 09:34:06 AM »
Looks very good.  I may try that for a Glock 33.  Thanks for the info.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 09:41:39 PM »
Do you have your Glock 33 yet? Please give us your
impression when you have a chance to fire it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
leRe: Crossdraw IWB, preferrably tuckable, ASAP
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 10:34:18 AM »
Not yet.  We're still here in Ga. and will return to NC on Tuesday.  My FFL has it and I will pick it up on Wednesday.  I picked up a box of Federal Premium Personal Defense 125 gn. HPs for it and will try it out soon.

Would have been perfect to have it while here as I spent all day in the woods yesterday bushogging our logging trail;  only saw a fleeing coyote.  
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:35:35 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »
kj, I have plenty of bushogging you could do at my place and it's less than an hour drive from your house. ;D
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 02:37:24 PM »
KJ:

When you have finished working at John's, why not just ease on up across the Tennessee line to Critter Creek? I've got about an acre of ground which urgently needs attention.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 03:00:56 PM »
John and Richard.  Would love to oblige, but the tractor and bushog live here in Ga.    ;D    ;D  They don't like to travel.   ;D

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »
 ;D ;D  Works for me!! Im in Georgia and need some bush's hogged  ;D ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 07:11:01 PM »
Going back to NC.    ;D    ;D