Author Topic: Ten Round Magazine  (Read 15207 times)

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
Re: Ten Round Magazine
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2004, 11:48:29 PM »
I've tried carrying more ammo and never been comfortable with it. I feel much better carrying a backup to my primary carry. When driving for a ways , I now carry my Keltec32 in my neck holster. I've never found another carry method that allows quick access with seatbelts and a shoulder strap. When I flew for the military, I used to slide my sidearm to a position between my legs to protect the......... and easy access, but that was open carry with a separate belt.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 01:20:00 AM »
I carry an S&W airlight hammerless 38spl in the car at all times, with hydroshoks and frangibles -- haven't gotten my Rohrbaugh yet -- will have it in a couple days -- I like the Pachmayer grips on my 38 -- it points very well for me, and I had a "spook" when I really should have had a gun in the car -- nothing serious, just a very stupid man acting oddly when I was walking from the house, w. my 1911 in the briefcase, to my truck -- and decided that I have no reason not to be armed -- my Dad's truck got broken into once, and they didn't touch his shotgun.  Between the alarm going off, etc -- if you don't have something that screams "gun" I don't think they'll look for it
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 08:47:29 PM »
I was just discussing this very topic with my father this past weekend.  Given how a car heats up during the day, I'd be concerned with the increased chamber pressure on the semi-auto guns.

OTOH, a wheel gun in the car makes perfect sense.  I could see picking up an S&W 340PD and feeling perfectly safe - lightweight, maintenance free, and reliable.  Maybe I'd Install some lasergrips on it.  The only thing I'm still not over is being uneasy worrying that someone could steal my car / gun and commit some other crime with it.

The kleenex box is definetly a cool approach, but I'm afraid I just don't have that kind of luck.  ;)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 09:03:08 PM »
The kleenex box is too simple for bad guys, they would never think that anything but tissues are in the box.  It has worked for me for years and my car broken into 2 times.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2005, 02:09:55 PM »
Living in Florida, I find the heat in a car that has been sitting is tremendous, so other then keeping some ammo in the car I would not like to leave my gun do to the extreme heat...Gemini
GeminiDan

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 04:54:34 PM »
I live near Dallas, Tx where the heat is mostly near or above 100 degrees during the summer. I keep cd's in the car in the door's side pocket and to my surprise, they are not damaged in the least after 1 1/2 summers. Now if they were on the dash, I would have a puddle of plastic. I believe direct sunlight is the bad here, not just the ambient heat in the car. I've had my gun in the car for hours while attending a gun show and just came back to a warm gun, but of course, it wasn't left in sight or direct sunlight.
How hot does it get in Florida?

Offline Skyhook

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2005, 10:12:37 AM »
Sometimes it comes down to the question: Is it accessible?

If we have a gun buried deep within our pockets as we drive, I doubt many of us could quickly retrieve that weapon.

My 'second gun' is there for that purpose as well as serving as the wife's punctuator. When she says 'No!', she means it. ;)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2005, 03:01:29 PM »
Doctordun, I am a dealer in Dallas. I hope to meet you some day. As a former board member of the Dallas Arms Collectors Assn.,the promoter, I do the Dallas Market Hall gun shows. With the hot summers in Dallas, I have lady customer, who wonders if the Keltec frame will melt in a hot summer car. haha We should re cycle our ammo left in the car during the summer.  Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »
 I think the 10 round magazine is an excellent idea! I just ordered an Alabama Holster spare magazine holder for my support hand pocket. The 10 rounder would be used all the time.

If any of you have clout with Rohrbaugh you should plant that seed and see if anything grows.

Robar233

Offline olpanrider

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 11:22:52 PM »
[

Who carries "car guns" in addition to whatever you are packing on your person?

[/quote]

My EDC in the hot weather is a .380 Seecamp in the back pocket. I always carry a .357 in the vehicle for quick access if needed. I don't feel that I could put the .380 into play as quickly from a sitting position.