Author Topic: SHOT Show -- suggestions for vendors to check out  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
SHOT Show -- suggestions for vendors to check out
« on: February 01, 2006, 01:57:13 AM »
I'll be going mainly to look at sigs, some of the custom 1911s -- I want to get a *nice* 1911, but so far have eliminated Wilson, and Ed Brown as not fitting my hand properly -- darn Kimbers feel awfully nice...but I have some already -- ashley iron sights -- I'd really like a iron sight that works w. both eyes open -- currently I'm using my trijicon reflex, but A) I can't put my head on the stock --- it's too high/stocks too low and B) it looks a bit unusual on an 1895.  And skinning knives, and hunting clothes for Zambia -- we're now going for 21 days...I'll also be checking out the custom lever gun makers.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: SHOT Show -- suggestions for vendors to check
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 10:34:13 AM »
Aglifter, have fun at the shot show, its great.
You might go by A-Square, Winchester, see if they are there and might want to sell some stuff from the custom shop.
Berger,Big Bore Express, Dakota,Swift and Woodleigh bullets.
Wild West Guns for lever action rifles.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »
Brad,

It's not a luxury 1911, but I notice a lot of attention going to the Springfield Mil-Spec.

Teddy Jacobson is one of several well-known gun people who have strong recommendations for the Springfield.  At the moment, the following link points to the Springfield pistol

http://actionsbyt.blogspot.com/

Bill
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 11:12:16 AM by Michigunner »

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 11:16:09 AM »
You might want to check out the Nighthawks.
http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/index-2.html

I don't know that much about them, but have seen several very positive write-ups in the various gun rags over the past several months.  

Offline Billmack

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 10:28:56 PM »
Aglifter,

You will want to check out the "New Prouducts" area.

If you'vr been to SHOT in the past, you know what I'm talking about. If not, there is an entire section set aside for just new prouducts.

The wares are behind glass. Directions are give to find the dealer on the floor.

Check out the SHOT Shows web site for vendors and locatios.  Bring confortable walking shoes!!!!

Regards,

Bill

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 10:16:30 AM »
Aglifter, you can even rent a scooter after the first day if you want or at the time you get there. They are located to the right of the main entrance.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus