Author Topic: New Improv Method  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Savior_6

New Improv Method
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »
After spending an hour or so on trying to reassemble my Pup without tools, my fingers said, "I've had it!" So I decided to visit this site because I remember seeing some info on dis/assembly before I picked up my R9s. I could not find the answer I was looking for. So while sitting at the computer desk cursing this thing I decided I needed some leverage. (Don't worry this does not go bad). So I:

1. took the whole guide rod/spring/cap assembly and placed it on it's end, on the edge of the desk.
2. With my non-dominant hand I pinched the cap and pulled it down as far as I could, then
3. with my dominant hand while holding the barrel in place with my thumb, I simply (not so "simply"- it took me three tries) placed the slide hole over the guide rod assembly and pushed it further down. This freed my non-dominant hand to
4. slowly push the guide rod assembly off the desk into it's proper place in front of the barrel assembly guide rod shelf or stop.

For those don't have tools, such as myself, GET THEM. Until then this improv method could save you a bit more sanity and finger fatigue. Good luck.
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)
P9s
K9
P228