Author Topic: I got it  (Read 1366 times)

Offline grayfeathers

I got it
« on: April 27, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
Yesterday I picked up my R-9 Stealth. Its a beautiful piece in both form and function.  I got lucky in getting it as soon as I did. On monday I called the factory to see how soon it would be before they would be shipping. Maria said she did have one stealth ready to go but my dealer had three on order and he might want to wait untill all three could be shiped at once to save money on shipping. I said look, I'll pay for the shipping, I want my gun asap. Maria said she thought that would be fine and she would call him. Unfortunetly his shop was closed till Wed. Everything worked out and yesterday I picked it up. I didn't have time to go to the indoor range, but I did go out back of my house and put 3 mags through it. No problems at all. When I went through my ammo stash all I could find in non +p was some whinchester 147 gr STX. It all ran fine. I looked again last night and found 20 or so golddot 124s I am going to run a couple of mags this AM before I take it to the sheriffs office for the manditory "safety check" This is the gun I have been looking for a long time. By the way. Maria was a great person to work with.

Offline Hk-Itch

• Expert
Re: I got it
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 02:12:18 PM »
Very nice!  I wish I could pop a couple of caps off in my back yard.  I don't think the Johnson's would think to highly of me afterward.   ::)
You might want to check and see if it came with the extra strength mag springs and if not order a set.  You should be able to tell when you break down the mag and the spring sticks out the bottom about 3 inches or so.  Not to wish any bad luck, but my first and second time out with my gun and everything was smooth.....until the third time and "hiccup" and "hiccup" again.   The mag springs curred my "pup" of the hiccups.
Also some good advice from CraigT..... if you get the springs and have trouble fitting the locking plate to the mag floor plate, you might have to put "slightly" more of a bend to the already bend in the locking plate to make it "click" into place.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »
Grayfeathers:

Congratulations, and thanks for the good report!  I'm glad Maria could arrange such prompt delivery of your new Stealth.  She is truly an asset for the Rohrbaugh organization.

Enjoy your new masterpiece.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 02:44:14 PM »
Excellent news!!

I would hope that if this gun was newly sent,that it would have the appropriate updates that were available?!

Mine do not,as they are "older" but work fine!! 8)

Grayfeathers-may I ask if you are from MI?

The "safety check" code words give you away!! ;)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline grayfeathers

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 05:17:59 PM »
yes Brenden. I live near the Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor.

Offline joesolo

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 10:51:23 PM »
don't get too disappointed in the pup if the GDHPs rock yur world. I can't shoot them myself. I have tried and tried but the recoil eats me up. WWB works for me. Just my 2 cents because I got all disappointed when I shot the Gold Dots and could hardly shoot a mag worth before having to rest.

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 10:44:47 AM »
don't get too disappointed in the pup if the GDHPs rock yur world. I can't shoot them myself. I have tried and tried but the recoil eats me up. WWB works for me. Just my 2 cents because I got all disappointed when I shot the Gold Dots and could hardly shoot a mag worth before having to rest.

Funny thing is, to me the 115gr. WWB almost seemed to have slightly harder recoil than the 124gr. Gold Dots, but both were similar.