Author Topic:   1st clean & Lube inpressions  (Read 3867 times)

Offline firewalker

1st clean & Lube inpressions
« on: April 02, 2008, 11:09:38 PM »
        Got a chance today after testing my pup last night before league shooting, to disassemble, clean, inspect, and relube my firearm.
        My thoughts:
  Disassembly- This was straight foward, the pin hole lines up easly with small plastic jam put in front of the barrel, push out pin. finger compress spring and remove. IT seems with in the envelope package that the design is well thought out and not to ackward to take down and perform rotuine matience.
  Clean/inspect- This was straightfoward, nothing special, all wear signs looked normal. The recoil system looks to be doing a good job, there was none of the usual frame battering from under the foward lug of the slide.
   ReLube- After reading all the lube info on this forum i stayed with a greese to avoid any oil migration problems in pockets. I used a MCM Green Lightening. Grips were not removed at this time.
    Reassemble- using finger pressure to compress the recoil system a little as i installed it, made this a smooth operation.
    Everything functioned and worked by hand smoothly, Overall i am completely impressed with the design, fit, and function of this masterpiece.
    I know im not a gun expert, But i did sleep at holiday inn  :P

Offline CaptBW

• Master
Re:    1st clean & Lube inpressions
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:40:07 PM »
Good report. And you are right- it is a masterpiece.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 12:49:05 PM »
firewalker, good report. It's not that hard if you think your way thru it.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 01:59:50 AM »
firewalker,
Welcome to the forum..

Thanks for the report on the disassembly/assembly-good to hear of the ease you had..It only gets easier..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe