Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Gunsmithing or Modifications for your Rohrbaugh

Help removing grips

(1/2) > >>

Peter Hartmann:
l've seen multiple threads on people having trouble removing the grip screws.  Mine came out without trouble once I found the right tool.  But, with the screws out, the panels won't budge.  The fit is so tight I can't get anything under the edge, and pushing on the side of the grip isn't working.  Is there a trick to it?  I don't want to mar the finish, but I'd like to get my new VZ grips on.

tattoo:
Maybe try a puddy knife with tape over end

kevinqjhps:
Do you have a soft head mallet? A good WACK! That has worked for me in the past on other guns.

ECR:
I agree with Kevin Peter. We used a dental spatula at the shop to do that sometimes, but a light tap from a phenolic hammer worked also.

Welcome aboard.

Eric R.

Peter Hartmann:
Got it.  Thanks for the help.  The posts that pass through the body of the pistol were really wedged into the grips, making it very hard to take off the panels.  What worked was a couple solid taps with a rubber malett to loosen things up, and then a thin plastic wedge to slip in and lift up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version