Author Topic: Collaboration with William Henry Studio  (Read 29292 times)

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
Re: Collaboration with William Henry Studio
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 07:03:13 AM »
 I got the knife back,  I will try to take some pics of it soon. Turned out really nice and the work was no charge as they were getting a Titanium clip back and their policy is 100% customer satisfaction with their pieces. It is much faster plus more discreet, no clip on pocket fot those that look for such things to see.

Chief
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:29:57 AM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 04:37:17 PM »
i carry more WH than any other knives. maybe a couple dozen over the years. now its down to just my favorite three (B12-FT and B09-FT i used daily. and a very rare Raindrop Damascus WH T12 CFD that i just fondle a lot)

my usual "town" EDC is a R9s Stealth and WH B12-FT, plus a high quality 1xAAA flashlight (but shown with a cheapie Tank clickie-light here):

additional pixs i've taken of other WHs i've enjoyed:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:49:27 PM by coyote »
if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 11:32:21 PM »
Nice, coyote; I don't have any expensive knives; just an inexpensive Kershaw.  Does seem to do the job, though.  However, again; nice.

Chief.  Yours too; outstanding. 
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 07:22:28 AM »
 The Gen Tac I have is one of those knives I like to just hold and operate at times. It is so smooth, and looking at the Fossil in the handle and thinkinkin of when it was roaming the earth takes one away. Then there is the Master Samarai Sword makers's skill at shaping the blade. It is definately a (As William - Henry says) A functional Piece of art.

Chief
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:29:57 PM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
I was getting a watch for my father for the holiday tomorrow and the jewelry store (Brockhaus Jewelry in Norman, OK) had a William Henry Studio display.   I picked up a titanium and sapphire money clip for myself.  I'll post pictures when I return home.  I've read about WHS products for awhile and have never had a chance to see any in person before.  I understood their reputation for quality and craftsmanship, however seeing a collection of them in person have given me an entirely new appreciation for them.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »
Well, after getting my money clip and feeling unsatisfied that I did not have a knife, I went back and picked up the titanium / mammoth bone folder I had my eye on.  I'll post pics tonight.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 05:15:59 PM »
I was getting a watch for my father for the holiday tomorrow and the jewelry store (Brockhaus Jewelry in Norman, OK) had a William Henry Studio display.   I picked up a titanium and sapphire money clip for myself.  I'll post pictures when I return home.  I've read about WHS products for awhile and have never had a chance to see any in person before.  I understood their reputation for quality and craftsmanship, however seeing a collection of them in person have given me an entirely new appreciation for them.

What a wonderful gift for your father -- a watch from Brockhaus Jewelry!

As I have previously mentioned, I am a transplanted "Okie" who now hangs his hat in East  Tennessee. My own father died in hospital at Norman of head injuries after being trampled by a runaway team of horses he had attempted to control. The accident happened in 1937, and it took five years for him to die. He was hospitalized for the entire five years, undergoing what passed for brain surgery back then. I saw him only once when I was five, just before he died. My mother never remarried and elevated him to near mythical status in my young mind. According to her as well as some of my uncles, aunts, and cousins, he was a phenomenal shot with a rifle. Each year at Fathers Day, I look at his photograph and wonder what might have been.

I look forward to seeing photographs of that titanium and sapphire money clip and the folder. I'm certain that they both are spectacular.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 02:11:19 AM »
Richard, thank you for sharing the story of your father.

Here are the pictures of the Titanium / Sapphire money clip, and my new Titanium / Mammoth Bone / Spessarite B12 folder.

- George Washington

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 07:48:10 AM »
Adam:

What a combination! The William Henry money clip and folder are stunning, altogether fitting and proper pocket companions to the Rohrbaugh Stealth and its VZ grips. Thank you for posting all that "eye candy."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 08:20:12 AM »
Thor,

Beautiful WHS pieces! I wish there were a local retailer around here (central VA) as my WHS pieces have come from the net but would love to see an entire product range in person.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »
The reason I suggested a partnership is because these two companies share almost the same target market: the individuals who want the absolute best pocket knife/gun and are willing to pay for it. I think WHS started out making "Gentlemans Knives" (GenTac stands for Gentleman's tactical) and that is what I consider the R9 to be, the Gentlemans gun (Think James Bond in a Tux would have one in the pocket). I know to some people the R9 is purely a tool for self defense and I respect that and that is one of the things that makes the R9 different from WHS is that there are plenty of pocket knives that are equally as good of a "tool" as a WHS so they are really only leveraging the exotic materials, fit, finish etc. Where as the R9 IMHO is the best pocket gun (tool) for the job and has great fit and finish.

I could really see some special edition R9s with grips made by WHS that come as a set with a matching pocket knife for the ultimate EDC combo. Clearly this would not be cheap but as far as I know WHS does not have trouble selling every knife they make with most between $1-5K and some going over $10k. I know Rohrbaugh is already at the high end of the pocket gun market but not to the extent WHS is to the knife market and I dont think there is anyone but 1911s in the ultra high end segment and 1911s arn't for everyone.

I tried to match my Elite and my B-30 Gentac Automatic with the carbon fiber grips and think it looks great, but would be cool if it were an official set with matching serial number etc. Also some of the more exotic materials WHS is using in the knife handles would be unbelievable looking on R9 grips.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:00:07 AM by BlueC2 »
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 08:57:09 AM »
Nice looking setup Ryan.
I really like the holster.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 09:03:27 AM »
Nice looking setup Ryan.
I really like the holster.

Thanks Adam it is a Ryan Grizzle - There is a post about it here http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=6034.msg71967#msg71967 that I made when I got it a few months ago. He was great to work with and his wait is manageable.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 11:22:10 AM »
very very nice 8) 8)  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 08:08:53 PM »
Very nice, for sure, thor and Ryan.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln