Author Topic: Anyone have an R-9 and an HK P7 PSP?  (Read 4319 times)

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Anyone have an R-9 and an HK P7 PSP?
« on: June 02, 2004, 03:30:53 AM »
The reason I'm asking, is that it appears the heel mag release on the R-9 might be just about at the same level as the hole for the magazine release on the back of the P-7 PSP (not P7M8) magazine.

I thought it would be interesting to see if the P7 magazine would fit into -- and lock in the R-9.

I carry the P7 concealed routinely -- and with plans to make the R-9 as a pocket BUG, it would be convenient if an extra P7 magazine might just fit (and work) in the R-9.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 03:31:33 AM by flyandscuba »
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
Re: Anyone have an R-9 and an HK P7 PSP?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 08:37:27 AM »
I have a P7 made in 1983 (I presume you speak of the squeeze-cocker H&K P7).  That mag is comparatively much longer than that of the R9 and the mag catch is a square hole in the back edge of the mag; the heel release does not physically capture the floor plate as on the R9.  Don't see how one could ever work in the other.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 10:17:49 AM by admin »

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 10:42:03 AM »
I realize it would be longer.  I'm thinking that the level of the heel release of the R-9 is just about the same level where the hole in the back of the P7 magazine is placed.

The magazine would definitely extend below the grip of the R-9.  But would the R-9's heel release/catch engage and lock into the hole in the rear of the P7 magazine as if it was the floorplate of the R-9 magazine?

It is more of a matter of curiosity than tactical function.  I was hoping someone had both weapons presently on hand and could see if it would work.

19 days until my R-9 is supposed to arrive....  I'll chack it out at that time, I guess.

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 02:01:18 PM »
Now I see what you're after.  I should get my R9S back from the factory by the weekend.  I'll insert a P7 mag in the well and see what happens.  Let you know.

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 02:40:52 PM »
The P7 mag is too broad front-to-back to fit into the mag well of the R9S.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 11:55:34 PM »
Gotcha -- thanks!