Author Topic: Grips - Hogue, CF, aluminum?  (Read 2200 times)

Offline PakWaan

Grips - Hogue, CF, aluminum?
« on: September 07, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »
I live in Florida and the sweltering summers cause quite a bit of hand dampness.

I've been looking for a set of grips with better hand traction than the stock grips.  I've read through all the posts regarding the Hogue Extreme grips, the aluminum grips and the new CF grips that Curt is offering.  

Feedback on both the Hogue and aluminum grips seems to be mixed.  The CF grips are new, so feedback has been minimal - but the lack of checkering makes me wonder if they will meet my needs.

Any suggestions from someone who is really happy with their grips as to which one would be best?  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 12:59:17 PM by PakWaan »

-------
Rohrbaugh R9S, S&W 1911PD Commander Scandium

Former LEO and USAF Security Police

Offline horseman

Re: Grips - Hogue, CF, aluminum?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 04:26:38 PM »
I've never used the CF grips, but I think the Hogue checkered grips are a definite improvement over the stock grips.  I am thinking of ordering the new matte CF grips that Curt recently posted pictures of, as I do like their look, but I'm curious as well as to how they feel compared to the others.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Grips - Hogue, CF, aluminum?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 05:23:49 PM »
3M has a new medium coarseness tape that is available at most hardware stores. I put it on top of the old coarse tape on the R9 and it improves the grip considerably. Some people just don't care for tape but it gives me a much improved grip purchase on a small gun.