Author Topic: FUZZ BUNNY FREE!!!!  (Read 1214 times)

Offline gun4hire

FUZZ BUNNY FREE!!!!
« on: April 14, 2008, 04:02:57 PM »
It dawned on me the other day when I disassembled the R9..this thing is TIGHT. I could not find one piece of lint/dust bunny anywhere (except in the barrel). I carried a GLOCK 27 for 7 years in a narc unit and I am the Dept armorer for 215 person dept. and I have taken a whole flippin’ mouse of fuzz out of most deep carry guns.

I don’t want to admit it but I carried the R9 seven months without any maintenance, not even taking the mag out. I fired all the carry 115GD and shot a box of 50 more practice FMJ through it. I am up to 300 rounds with NOT ONE MALFUNCTION. I have changed the recoil spring and put in the stronger mag springs a year ago or so.

This gun is the ideal pocket pistol. It will get “floppy” in dress pants. In blue jeans with a K & D holster with the no print panel there is NOTHING better bar none. The foot pounds of energy when comparing a 9mm to a .380 is astounding.

I am no fan-boy just because I own the gun. If I buy a POS I will be the first to admit it (P3AT)

gun--who likes 'em tight---
"Hammer the Americans hard enough and you forge the best weapon in the world."
-Captain Simeon Ecuyer, 1783

Our FREEDOM rests firmly on 4 boxes: Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Cartridge

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
Re: FUZZ BUNNY FREE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 04:42:41 PM »
gun4hire, Welcome to the Forum and yes they are precise. Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline gun4hire

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »
I read my post again....boy I sound like I don't clean my guns..not so---I bought the R9 new cleaned it, shoot 100 rounds and cleaned complete every 100 rounds.

I was satisfied it was reliable and carried it for 7 months straight (long winter this year)...I fired her again a while back.

I /we must wipe down and inspect, if not clean our guns monthly even if they are not shot..and relax those mag springs boys!!!! I will be better at rotating mags letting one rest.

gun---who could eat off his R9---
"Hammer the Americans hard enough and you forge the best weapon in the world."
-Captain Simeon Ecuyer, 1783

Our FREEDOM rests firmly on 4 boxes: Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Cartridge

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »
* * * I /we must wipe down and inspect, if not clean our guns monthly even if they are not shot..and relax those mag springs boys!!!! I will be better at rotating mags letting one rest.

gun---who could eat off his R9---

Gun:

I second that motion!   8)

Welcome to the Forum, thank you for your service in law enforcement, and thank you for the excellent report on your R9. If there's a finer pocket pistol on the planet, I for one am not aware of its existence.

Stay safe.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:34:01 PM »
welcome to the forum, nice read.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus