Author Topic: ECR......can you give me info on my pistol?  (Read 2454 times)

Offline jimacp

• Sharpshooter
ECR......can you give me info on my pistol?
« on: May 03, 2019, 08:16:49 AM »
Eric, way back when, I bought a relatively early, new Farmington (serial number R 43x).  I sent it back to you to correct a feeding problem.  You replaced the slide with one marked Deer Park in block letters, and “Made in U.S.A”.     I am now retired and selling off many of my firearms.  I am considering selling the R9 and want to be able to explain to a potential buyer the slide change.  Figured your explanation would be the most authoritative.  Thanks!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: ECR......can you give me info on my pistol?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 08:50:03 PM »
No problem James.

The early R9 pistols from Deer Park had a few different changes made. Here are those details:

1. The slide with the Deer Park, NY in script is the early style made of 17-4ph stainless steel

2. This slide with Deer Park, NY in block letters with no periods between the USA is made from 416 stainless steel

3. The slide with Deer Park, NY Made in U.S.A. with the dots between the letters USA was the final incarnation of the R9 slide
    That was a 416 stainless steel slide with the firing pin hole moved slightly over to one side to make it hit the primer of the bullet   dead center instead of the USA slides that had it slightly offset. Not a big deal, but Karl R wanted to be German and anal and center it   to make it perfect. It's a Kraut thing I guess. LOL. 
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline jimacp

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 11:42:20 AM »
Thanks, Eric!   

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 04:46:25 PM »
Not a problem Jim, my pleasure.

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.