Author Topic: Where to use Mobil 1 on R9s?  (Read 3267 times)

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
Where to use Mobil 1 on R9s?
« on: March 31, 2006, 03:07:31 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just got my R-9s yesterday, and I've been delving through the FAQ page.  One issue that I haven't seen answered is the reason for and the how to for the Mobil 1. I've seen it posted all over that the recommended lube for the gun is Super-lube and Mobil 1 synthetic 0-30w. How is the Mobil 1 supposed to be used? Any info would help.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 03:09:51 PM by dfsutton »
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
Re: Where to use Mobil 1 on R9s?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 05:42:26 PM »
Yes, I bet that would be fine.   Our fellow forum members must have acquired all supplies of 0W-30.

Incidently, the 0W30 was Chevrolet Corvette approved.

Here is a partial statement from Eric:

"Other areas use Mobil One Synthetic motor oil 0-30 weight. This is good for the trigger pivot area, firing pin, magazine latch area and hammer area."

I'm expecting any of the high-quality "gun" oils to serve well in those areas, as well as the popular Mobil One  oils.

My supplies include the factory recommended items, plus Militec-1 grease and oil.

Bill

I just found the following post. Are those the only areas? Or are there more?
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern